What's new
What's new

Mori SL25-Y AL-26

chad883

Cast Iron
I have been getting a spindle alarm AL-26 on my Mori SL-25Y. MF6 control which is a Fanuc 16 from what I can tell. I stared checking the wires from the intergral spindle and they all checked out fine. Started checking the last wire from the pre-amp to the spindle amp and had to move my trouble light, When I hung it on the Z way cover I noticed there was a tiny spark between the hook on the light and the cover. I started checking and found 13 VAC to all surfaces. The enclosure, the frame, anything I checked that should not have voltage did.

My question is, could this cause my alarm, and any pointers on where to look for a shorted wire?

Thanks in advance

Machine has ground wire that goes back to the box, to a ground strip that goes directly to 2 ground rods. Same as the Mazak that is running fine.

It's possible that it is the alarm cause. IME stray voltages are usually from coolant getting into a motor or a connector. Is the voltage present when the machine is off? Is it present when a particular motor is on or all the time. If all the time, look at the servos.

Back