What's new
What's new

Moving Fanuc controlled machines

chip_maker

Stainless
In the next month or so I'm going to be moving my shop. I have 2 lathes with Fanuc 18t controls.

I have downloaded and saved the parameters for both machines. My plan is to replace all axis batteries before they get disconnected.

My question is in regards to the AA sized battery for the parameter memory.

If I replace these prior to powering down for the move, is there any risk of losing my parameters? of course I would do the bat change with the machine "on".

Thanks

Correct, each machine has 2, 6 volt pacs and 1, 1.5v aa sized bat for the nc memory.

I could be wrong but on my Takisawa I seem to remember there was a 3 volt deep inside somewhere. Reason I say this is Fanuc wanted some ridiculous amount for it and I went to batteries plus and they made a lithium 2 C cell with my old plug for less then 30 or 40 bucks. Could have been a Mitsubishi control but leaning more towards a Fanuc.

I think that there may be batteries under the red caps on the servos, but i'm not sure. never been in there.

I haven't had an 18, but OT, 16, 21. Nothing under the red caps but encoders on mine or I should say the ones I had apart.

Back