What's new
What's new

My first machine was delivered.

G8KeaPoR

Aluminum
Got my machine in a brother s500x1. I intended to take all sorts of pictures but the many problems I had I stopped after just opening the crate. My problems like most started with the forklift. Sunbelt thought four foot forks were long enough for a shipping container that was 93"X90"... Oh and did I mention that it weighed over 5k. No instead they gave me a crappy forklift that the tilt was busted on and it only had 48inch forks. Fortunately with two monster straps going over top of the crate, a patient truck driver, fingers crossed, and a clenching of the cheeks I got it off of the truck and into my driveway. Yay!! oh darn.

So then I had to unbox it. The crate which I am keeping and making a mini-shed for my materials consists of a steel frame and stainless sides. This was the easiest part of everything. A Portable impact with a 17mm and it was apart in no time. Then came the next problem... Remember that forklift well it's inadequacies struck again so once again I was strapping the machine to the forklift to keep it from tipping forward off the forks. After getting it to my garage I had to use a combo of the pallet jack and the forklift to get it in. The pallet jack happened to be some junk china unit (another waste of rented equipment.) that was not of standard width so I could only get maybe 6inches under my machine. Long story cut down a bit I finished it with the pallet jack on one end and a floor jack on the other. By this point I was getting the f'er in no matter what. To attest to my dedication to that statement I had the sawzall in one hand and a sledge for the brick in the other but fortunately it didn't come to that.

Whew!!

Yamazen gets bonus points as they were able to let me know what could safely be removed to give me the room i needed thanks to my rigged concoction for moving the machine. I think it was after 8pm when I called them. Great guys.

Anyway they come out soon to do the initial setup and such so I can now say It's the final countdown! I would post a youtube link for the reference but I am still exhausted from moving that machine.

Awesome! I love my S700x1 Yamazen was great to work with. It being my first NEW machine. Other Haas were all used.

Maritool ftw..

You got there :) well done and congratulations on a new machine, ........ now make chips and a profit and you've got the job cracked ;)

Had the same issue with a rented lift, except it was a 10k Cat with 48" forks- no way to know until it was delivered. Who in their right mind would equip a lift that big with stubby forks?? Called the guy I rented it from and his only answer was "that's how purchasing ordered it". I told him to bring another lift. Enjoy your new machine!!

congrats!
those sure are fun to watch on youtube.

I ran a brother mill for a couple days in the 90's, around the same time Howard stern was hocking Brother's P-touch printers on the radio.
walk into the shop and said wtf (to myself)
nice running machine.

You went through all that to save, what, $1500?

Actually it was 3200 but in retrospect it would have been worth it. Unfortunately we don't have many local options and all the guys down the road couldn't be bothered to drive up here. Either way it was a moot point once the truck got there.

Yeah I used a pallet jack sort of. It was kinda too wide to go all the way under but I have a new one on order from a local store so I can put it in its permanent spot. The one I ordered is the correct width.

Brother machine going into a residential garage, that is awesome!:drool5:
Wish i would have better considered a Brother which would have enabled me to start in garage. (haas fanboy..the good ones are too tall)

Back