What's new
What's new

Nakamura AS200 Lathe Need Help!

tommyboycsc

Plastic
I'm trying to set up a used Nakamura-Tome AS200 lathe we got at work, and I have a couple questions about it if anyone can help.

1. The enable switch is supposed to allow manual movement of the machine with the door open for 2 minutes after activation according to the manual, however it disables as soon as I release it, so I have no way of touching my tools to the part with a feeler to set my offsets. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. I would like to graph the part I'm programming before running the program to ensure it won't crash, and that everything looks correct, however I can't figure out how to graph it without the machine actually moving into position. Is there a way to just have it draw the graphic without moving the axes?

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

Button must be held down in a Nakamura. Change the button to a latched style and you get to use both hands for a minute or so. You just need to let the button out when done or the door won't open.

I think the graphics work a little different depending on if your in edit mode or memory mode. Try both.

2. I would like to graph the part I'm programming before running the program to ensure it won't crash, and that everything looks correct, however I can't figure out how to graph it without the machine actually moving into position. Is there a way to just have it draw the graphic without moving the axes?

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

You could try the "Machine Lock" function to see if it disables all motion & M/S/T codes, enabling you to run the program in the control only. If that doesn't work, you can put the control into the "Manual Guide i" side, and use MGi's graphics. Press the "CUSTOM" buttons on the control to access MGi. All of the 'controls' for playback are done via the soft-keys. It work's OK...

Thank you both for your help. One more question, is there any way to set a Y axis tool offset? It only shows X, Z, And R.

Although I doo actually have a Y offset page on my 1990 Tornos/Mits, I have never seen anything like that on my 1999/2000 Hardinge with 18i.

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back