What's new
What's new

Nakamura-Tome Super NTMX power up issues

djsftree

Plastic
In some haste I picked up a very low hours Super NTMX from a French aerospace firm. You might call it a a barn find!

It is a late 2010 build, installed 2011 with 19” NT-IPS software.

The machine arrived and was levelled.

At first power on, the cabinet fans screamed into a very pleasing sound. After boot it took a little digging to find the FANUC English language settings but I figured it out in the end. I had the machine moving about fine and tested all axes and turret etc. Later in the afternoon I shut down completely and rebooted the machine. Nothing out the ordinary. I switched off for the day and went home.

Today, I cannot get the machine to fire up at all! The electrical cabinet fans do not start when rotating the main isolator yet there is power in and out at the external transformer.

Is there a simple sequence of reset events needed? All doors and cabinets are closed.

I do believe it is probably something simple like a tripped contactor or something.

Scanning through the schematics it looks like the 24V system does not appear to get its "enable" signal by the ... something ?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

David.

If the fans in the cabinet aren't even kicking on I would check the wires on the machine side of switch in the back to see if you have power coming out of it when it's in the on position.

If the fans in the cabinet aren't even kicking on I would check the wires on the machine side of switch in the back to see if you have power coming out of it when it's in the on position.

I'm measuring correct mains voltage going into GS1 and GS2 supplies - GREEN ARROWS. So power is making its way from the isolator through large the main transformer bottom left of the first image.

GS1/GS2 don't seem to being getting their enable signal from elsewhere and switching on - BLUE ARROWS. They appear to be activated by the KA1 relay. Tracing that relay back now to find out what activates that.

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

I'm measuring correct mains voltage going into GS1 and GS2 supplies - GREEN ARROWS. So power is making its way from the isolator through large the main transformer bottom left of the first image.

GS1/GS2 don't seem to being getting their enable signal from elsewhere and switching on - BLUE ARROWS. They appear to be activated by the KA1 relay. Tracing that relay back now to find out what activates that.

I really doubt that is relevant.

No fans and no activity on any of the fanuc units suggests a much more basic problem with incoming line power. Check that you have three live phases at both sides of the main isolator and coming back from the transformer. Find the schematics for the line power / magnetics.

so not all the power goes through the main breaker? the lower right corner of the picture confuses me.

Enhance . .

Yes, all through the main breaker...

Pretty standard european configuration - 400v three phase line comes to the isolator, out of the isolator and into an external step down transformer, then back into the cabinet at 200v to everything inside.

Back