What's new
What's new

Nakamura Tome TW-10 oiling questions

NASTYZEN

Plastic
Hey guys. I have a new to me Nakamura tome TW-10 Cnc twin turret twin spindle lathe and it goes through about a liter of way oil per day.The pump has a 3cc displacement volume per minute. Sounds like a lot.
Is this normal? Is there a way to turn the oil pump down a little? I have another Cnc lathe that uses lithium based grease and that works great and keeps the machine clean. I am thinking of converting over to grease on all the linier rails and ball screws and putting in a smaller pump or turning down the one In the machine now. For lubing the turrets and live tooling.
Any thoughts or comments on this conversion?
Any one ever attempt this mod before?
Any input would be welcome.
Thanks all!

1 liter a day sounds about right. Naks love oil. You can turn down the frequency of how often it oils with one of the data parameters. I don't remember which one, but I'm pretty sure its in the maintenance manual.

Changing over to grease would be a big project. You have to replace every one of the manifolds, possibly some of the lines, the pump, and modify the ladder. That's assuming you know how much grease each port needs (and good luck getting that info from Nak). Wouldn't be worth it to me.

Back