What's new
What's new

Nakamura WT-250 (2000) Chuck Clamping Direction

FUELLighting

Plastic
Hi Everyone,

We have a bazaar issue with our wt250 that occurred after a short power outage.

The clamping direction has been reversed. The key position setting on our main control panel ( Fanuc 18Ti ) is set to "Outer", but the chuck "closed" light on the main panel is only lighting when the chuck opens.

This was not the case before the power outage. We have done all the normal and even fairly extensive things to reverse this but cannot make it work right. Its as if the setting for Inner clamping is locked regardless of the key position.

Here is what we have tried so far...

1. Turn Machine off, set the key to "Outer", restarted machine - Same issue. When chuck is open(wider) it shows closed.
2. Checked all relays and fuses. Cannot see one that is bad yet. Still looking though.
3. Checked Proximity switches and adjusted positions - Did not change anything
4. Checked Voltage going to each proximity switch, shows 21 volts.
5. Set the clamping key position to "Inner"... Works as expected.
6. Checked main Key switch on control panel with ohm meter, seems good.

The fact that this one setting has been changed after a power outage is crazy. Everything else is working great, but this one issue has shut the machine down for us.

Any help would be appreciated! B the way, I am not a Machinist myself so be patient with me if I don't know every aspect of what you may ask.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Everyone,

The clamping direction has been reversed. The key position setting on our main control panel ( Fanuc 18Ti ) is set to "Outer", but the chuck "closed" light on the main panel is only lighting when the chuck opens.

1. Turn Machine off, set the key to "Outer", restarted machine - Same issue. When chuck is open(wider) it shows closed.
5. Set the clamping key position to "Inner"... Works as expected.

Thanks,

Paul

to clarify

The chuck clamped light behaves the same no matter the key position? The "expected" operation of inner is what you get on outer. So the key is non-functional.

Find the switch input and monitor the associated diagnostic bit while you operate the keyswitch.

Hi,

Ok after what seems like 50 hours of testing, we finally have fixed the issue. The issue was a disconnected wire off the back of the key switch.

We suspect it was barely holding on and when we started testing it with a meter it finally fully disconnected.

We only lost 2 days of runtime for this tiny wire!

Thanks for replying, you were on the right track.

Paul

Back