What's new
What's new

Name this device please

Mcourt

Plastic
I am getting trainned on a new TOS WHQ and it is my first time operating a machine with a universal head. The trainner had a modell that helped with the tilted working plane and rotating the work axis. He wasnt sure the name of it and I have searched google for over an hour. It would really help in the learning stages. I have attached a link of a couple pictures.
Thanks,
Mike

Machining - Album on Imgur

There is no specific name for that model. It's just a labeled model of the three coordinate axes. While somebody might sell one, it's unlikely that you can order one from Amazon (under any name). On the other hand, it would be stunningly easy to make a static one.

Are the axes in the one your instructor had connected internally with bevel gears, so that if you hold one axis and rotate the model the other two axes rotate? If so, that would not be "stunningly easy" to replicate.

It's called a
"For God's sake don't tip it over teaching aid".

And don't anyone tell you differently.!!

XYZ
ABC

How hard is this to remember?

Though, in fairness - I've seen a lot of 4th axis rotary tables mounted up and controlled as a "B" axis. It really doesn't matter, but if it rolls around the X axis, it should be "A".

Back