What's new
What's new

Need help to buy a new haas

Meletis1a

Plastic
Hello people I run a small machine shop. We make injection molds and die molds. We are planning to buy a new haas. There is an offer right now on haas with extended y axis. With 60k you can get a vf2 10k spindle and many extras. Or you can get vf2ss with 12k spindle and tsc and many extras also. What is your advise? Need help

If you don't need the extended Y I'd go for the RPM and TSC. But for me I'd also upgrade to the 15K spindle, add more tools, always get probing. For molds and dies you might be better off with a VM series.

i need extended y
here are the machines

VF-2SSYT-EU 4th-Axis Ready
12,000-rpm Inline Spindle
30+1 Side-Mount Tool Changer
Wireless Intuitive Probing System
Chip Auger
Coolant Maintenance Package
Through-Spindle Coolant, 300 psi
4th-Axis Drive
Dynamic Work Offsets/Tool Center Point Control
High-Speed Machining
Programmable Coolant Nozzle
AND
VF-2YT-EU 4th-Axis Ready
Options
10,000-rpm Inline Spindle
Through-Spindle Coolant Ready
Chip Auger
4th-Axis Drive
High-Speed Machining

these are the machines the VF-2SSYT-EU costs 63k
and VF-2YT-EU costs 60k i cant afford other machine.
what do you suggest i only have heard that the VF-2SSYT-EU have rigidity issues but the seller tells me the opossite.

AFAIK the only differences between a VF-X and a VF-XSS are the spindle speed and the ball screw pitch. I have a VF-3SS here, and it's been great. Can dial in tenths in X/Y. If it were me I'd go for the first one.

AFAIK the only differences between a VF-X and a VF-XSS are the spindle speed and the ball screw pitch. I have a VF-3SS here, and it's been great. Can dial in tenths in X/Y. If it were me I'd go for the first one.

what do you mean by saying tenth i am looking for centimeter 0.01 not 0.1 or i understand wrong because a tenth is huge

Im not sure how the distributors in Greece are but USA and Asia distributors always gives 5-10% discounts from the Build A Quote price on single machines. We buy 3-6 VF2-SS's at a pop and get 30% and free probing.

Im not sure how the distributors in Greece are but USA and Asia distributors always gives 5-10% discounts from the Build A Quote price on single machines. We buy 3-6 VF2-SS's at a pop and get 30% and free probing.

I think 63k for this machine is a ggod price and easy payment

Chip Auger
4th-Axis Drive
High-Speed Machining

I think 63k for this machine is a ggod price and easy payment

Chip Auger
4th-Axis Drive
High-Speed Machining

Yeah, that works out to be $104K. So getting 40% off is a better deal than we get buying in bulk. I get all the same options plus through tool air but not the YT model for $69K. Don't let that deal get away.

Back