What's new
What's new

Need help with bypassing an external signal request

joecamel914

Plastic
I am working with Takisawa 2600 lathes running Fanuc io-TF controls. Our lathes output to a conveyor system, which requires a sensor tied back to the lathe that will stop it when the conveyor belt is full.

The wiring and sensors were not provided or installed by my applications guys, and my lathe loading system is stopping just before the unload operation waiting on this external signal. I'm looking for a way to temporarily bypass this signal request until we can get the proper sensors wired in, in order to conduct a capability study.

The line of code that the machine stops on is "M232 (Work Dis. OK Check)".

If anyone can provide some tips on bypassing this signal request without editing the PLC ladder I would appreciate it very much!

does "dis" mean discharge?

Is that m-code literally just to check if the conveyor is full? or does that m-code do more than that.

Because if that is all it is, perhaps you can just skip or remove that code.

Yes, the Dis. is for discharge and it is only checking for a full belt.

I attempted to edit the loader code to remove or block out the M232 command but I am unfortunately locked out of editing or importing my loader programing.

Do you know if the M232 is part of a Mcode w/ Serial Comms (RS232) type reply or comms back? What you ask about bypassing is usually possible. I would want to know specs on what is going to be sent back to on the controller? Is the hardware not yet installed part of a serial line comms connector? or as a logical H or L via a proximity device someplace? etc. It's not hard to emulate about any type of condition/reply.. just need to know the signal specs.

Do you know if the M232 is part of a Mcode w/ Serial Comms (RS232) type reply or comms back? What you ask about bypassing is usually possible. I would want to know specs on what is going to be sent back to on the controller? Is the hardware not yet installed part of a serial line comms connector? or as a logical H or L via a proximity device someplace? etc. It's not hard to emulate about any type of condition/reply.. just need to know the signal specs.

Sorry. Missed the part about the hardware not installed yet. These are new I take it? Purchased through Yamazen? You will need to contact your distributor and get schematic. I am sure they can get it for you.

Back