Alarms: 1400 SPINDLE ALARM
607 X AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
613 X AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
607 Y AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
613 Y AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
607 Z AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
613 Z AXIS:CNV. SINGLE PHASE FAILURE
9004 SPN 1 :INPUT FUSE/POWER FAULT

I boot up normally, get the 607 and 613 codes, then after maybe 20 seconds a breaker in the cabinet trips and I get the 9004 code. The servo drive has a normal status until the 9004 code trips, then the LED on the servo drive gives ALARM 04.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose this? I was making chips last night, nothing out of the ordinary. I power up this morning and this is what I get.
Thanks for any advice,
Max
20181103_133709.jpg
20181103_125239.jpg

Boss man ( my dad who’s got more years in this field than I have in life) says those are wired alarms, check the power buss, power supply and all connections. As for the alarm 4 on the drive it may be an over current alarm which would make sense with the breaker tripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boss man ( my dad who’s got more years in this field than I have in life) says those are wired alarms, check the power buss, power supply and all connections. As for the alarm 4 on the drive it may be an over current alarm which would make sense with the breaker tripping.

Here's the breaker that appears to have tripped. I haven't found any loose connections or signs of arcing yet.
20181103_161441.jpg
20181103_161433.jpg

I’d get a clamp meter and see if there is really that much draw on the breaker. Also see into an interlock/ automated trip function. If it’s got a way to trip that breaker other than pure over current I’d check into it so see if/why it’s doing it.
As for the alarms, check the main power coming in, verify there’s all 3 legs of power, the voltage is right, and connections are tight. Have you had this machine awhile or is the the first time it’s been powered up in a while? Was it moved recently?

Those red lights only mean the relay is firing. Not necessarily trouble.

Looks like the contacter is closing,but I did not see the breaker trip? The contacter will have a good ca-chunk but it seems it scared you? Is it that loud?

Looks like the contacter is closing,but I did not see the breaker trip? The contacter will have a good ca-chunk but it seems it scared you? Is it that loud?

So about 20 seconds after I turn off the e-stop (causing the 1400, 607, 613 alarms) it pops on its own (KM10), which causes the 9004 alarm.
1541290187022-338702672.jpg

Does the red blinking\clicking light on KA10 mean anything?

So about 20 seconds after I turn off the e-stop (causing the 1400, 607, 613 alarms) it pops on its own (KM10), which causes the 9004 alarm.
View attachment 241489

Does the red blinking\clicking light on KA10 mean anything?

The blinking light is telling you the relay is firing. Probably for the alarm light if your machine has the light tree. I’d check that power is there on all phases.

The blinking light is telling you the relay is firing. Probably for the alarm light if your machine has the light tree. I’d check that power is there on all phases.

Phases are good coming out the bottom of the contacts. I'm stumped!

Also: Here's a video of the sound coming from the servo. I'm not sure if that's a normal sound (or if it should make any noise), but it's sounded like that since I purchased the machine used a couple months ago.

I spoke with fanuc and an independent repair place. They said it's likely to be the resistors on the board that fried. I'll have to keep looking but it seems like I'm going to have to send this off to be repaired.

Back