What's new
What's new

Need Help!! Horizontal Mill won't Feed

nfrees114

Plastic
Good Afternoon,

We have a horizontal mill, can't even guess the age, OLD! We use it roughly twice a year for two specific operations. We went to use it today and noticed the feed won't engage, on any axes. We can rapid feed with the lever no problem but when you try and engage it and then set the feed it doesn't do anything. We don't have any documentation on the machine as it was acquired when we purchased a business. I know the manufacture was Mechanicy and it was made in Poland (See pictures). I'm guessing we sheered a pin or something but have no clue where to look or how to even start looking. I see a lot of casting access panels but it looks like it could be a big job removing any of them. I thought maybe someone on here had some experience and could give an idea of where to start looking.

Next thing, we had this unhooked from electric as we moved some other machines and had to re-run electric to the machine. When we first turned it on the motor was spinning backwards so we immediately shut it off and switched 2 wires and now it spins correctly. Not sure if spinning it backwards for those 2-3 seconds would have damaged a part or not?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
-Nate
Horizontal Mill 1.jpg
Horizontal Mill 2.jpg
Horizontal Mill 3.jpg
Horizontal Mill 5.jpg

Attachments

• Horizontal Mill 4.jpg
    Horizontal Mill 4.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 5

Back