What's new
What's new

Need help with Mori Sieki CAPPS programming

jephw

Aluminum
Can someone that has experience with the milling operation on CAPPS progamming on the MSX-850iii controller please message me? Thanks in advance

I usually try to respond to the actual question. I try and not derail a topic by telling an OP to "do it differently". But in this case.....not many people I know use CAPPS (because it sucks). But for any Fanuc control you're going to have a lot easier time if you get CAM software. Even a POS like Fusion360 is going to be head and shoulders better than CAPPS.

R

Have you had any luck with the Capps milling programming yet? I’m somewhat familiar with it. Maybe we can get together and answer yours and my questions?

I usually try to respond to the actual question. I try and not derail a topic by telling an OP to "do it differently". But in this case.....not many people I know use CAPPS (because it sucks). But for any Fanuc control you're going to have a lot easier time if you get CAM software. Even a POS like Fusion360 is going to be head and shoulders better than CAPPS.

R

I agree. I can hand code faster than using that crapps.

Have you had any luck with the Capps milling programming yet? I’m somewhat familiar with it. Maybe we can get together and answer yours and my questions?

Well for starters, according to DMG we need an update on our controller to use CAPPS correctly. As it is now, the offset values are way off in the X axis. We do all our programming with Fusion 360 CAM, seems to work very good for us so far.
Thanks for your response.

Back