What's new
What's new

Need Help!Tool loading /unloading jammed in Siniumerik 840d controller.

solowalker41

Plastic
I have a problem with a DMG 1035v ecoline machining center with a Siemens 840D controller. It froze during a load tool cycle while i mistakenly reset the cycle. Now I can't load or unload tools in or out of the magazine. In the magazine location on the offset table there is the LL symbol on that particular tool. This symbol normally shows up momentarily during the load tool cycle then disappears & I am pretty sure this has something to do with the problem. The strange thing is I can still use all the tools in the magazine as normal and can load tool in the spindle manually from the virtual magazine, I just can't load or unload from the magazine it self. I was wondering if there is a hidden parameter somewhere that needs to be reset and if anyone knows it. Any help appreciated.

Note:The snapshot i have attached is not real snap ,it is only for illustration.

I have a problem with a DMG 1035v ecoline machining center with a Siemens 840D controller. It froze during a load tool cycle while i mistakenly reset the cycle. Now I can't load or unload tools in or out of the magazine. In the magazine location on the offset table there is the LL symbol on that particular tool. This symbol normally shows up momentarily during the load tool cycle then disappears & I am pretty sure this has something to do with the problem. The strange thing is I can still use all the tools in the magazine as normal and can load tool in the spindle manually from the virtual magazine, I just can't load or unload from the magazine it self. I was wondering if there is a hidden parameter somewhere that needs to be reset and if anyone knows it. Any help appreciated.

Note:The snapshot i have attached is not real snap ,it is only for illustration.

You will need code from DMG in which you can run from MDI to delete the tool.

You will need code from DMG in which you can run from MDI to delete the tool.

If you wish to delete the tool from MDI, it is just:

DELT ("tool name")

I suspect you might have to recover the magazine though. Status of the magazine load position is likely goobered up. On your custom screen there should be a tab for magazine options. You should be able to delete the data from there.

Thank you for replying .Actually tool shows that it is loaded in Magizine no 9999(Belademegazine). No softkeys of Unload and Delete are visible on that particular tool.
Today is sunday ,i wil try your method of deleting through command in MDI tommorow.

@Boosted there is no megazine option on Custom Screen.

Megazine Option,load/unload softkeys

There is no magzine option in my custom screen. I had checked in level 6. Also unload/Load or delete softkeys are not visible with the particular tool.

Hi Boosted....
I tried today by deleting with the command.
It works for all others unloaded tools except the particular tool.
On execution of the command for particular tool machine returns an Alarm.
17200: Data of tool"T=endmill20"# cannot be deleted.
In the remedy of this alarm it is mentioned,
"Check acess to tool offset memory$TC_DP1[t,d]=0
or deselect tool"

Now i am unable to understand this alarm and also no able to find where the above tool offset memory parameter is...

Sounds like the data for that tool is "read only". Likely because it is caught in the magazine data buffer.

You need to get that tool out of the magazine buffer. I would bet there is a tool allocation screen somewhere in the custom menus. It should be located wherever you go to recover the toolchanger.

This one might need a phone call to DMG MORI.

Not sure what version of the 840d you have, but do you have theses softkeys at the bottom

tool/toolwear/oem tool?
under 'oem tool' there's about 8 check boxes and on was changing. poke around and see if you have anything like this.

Back