What's new
What's new

Need help Troubleshooting Sharp 1118HN-CNC w/ Anilam 4200T X&Y Servo Error at Startup

dbensavage

Plastic
Need help Troubleshooting Sharp 1118HN-CNC w/ Anilam 4200T X&Y Servo Error at Startup

Getting a X&Z servo error a few seconds after hitting the servo button at start up. The Servo Drives are Mitsubishi MR-J2S-70A. The Drives have a code of AL30 when the error comes up.
IMG_4965.jpg

Regenerative error. Lots of possibilities.

1. Wrong parameter setting.
2. brake resister or option not connected.
3. high duty operation or continuous operation exceeded option.
4. Power supply voltage increased beyond 260v.
5.Regenerative transistor faulty.
6.Regenerative brake or option faulty.

Should be able to download manual from Mitsubishi.

I have delta 3 phase. I’m getting 272 across 2 sets of legs and 245 across one set of legs. The power supplies are getting that voltage so it appears that that is too much? This machine has no transformer For the main line voltage.

Thanks guys, I’ll get a buck transformer to cut down the voltage and see what happens. Just picked this lathe up and don’t know the history on it. I got it cheap enough to retrofit but would prefer to keep it original if possible.

This was the problem. I got the machine input voltage lowered and the machine is running and fully functional :D

Thanks for reporting back, great news! Quite often voltages that high will damage something.

Back