What's new
What's new

Need help with Tsugami CNC lathe programming orgin

ferrretcatcher

Aluminum
Hello, I have a Tsugami CNC lathe that I recently purchased and need some programming help. It has Mitsubishi Meldas L0 controls on it. Almost the same as my mill with M0 controls. I'm stumped on programming from the orgin of the machine. I home the machine and it goes to the home limits. Then I switch the rotary switch from zero return to memory and it zeros out the POS = current machine position, Dis = distance to go and the Machine coordinates = MC. They all stay at zero until I start running the program then when I get to the line on the screen G97 M03 S1200 start spindle and advance to the next line which is a move it loads different numbers in the POS and moves where I don't want it to. I don't think there's any offsets in this machine but I could be wrong but my program shouldn't load any up. Its just a simple turning program, Here's the first few lines.

O1234
G28 U0.0 W0.0
G92 X0.0 Z0.0
G90
G40
T0700(Facing Tool)
G97 M03 S1200
G01 X-3.35 Z-3.7 F5
G01 Z-6.6 F5
G01 Z-3.5

I attached a pic of the lathe and part and the screens when they change. Hopefully its a programming thing, I'm not sure what parameters to change that would affect this but I read the manual a few times and looked in there for help but I didn't find anything than I know of on this problem.

Attachments

• DSC05087.jpg
    DSC05087.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC05090.jpg
    DSC05090.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC05091.jpg
    DSC05091.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 96
Just to update, I figured it out with a lot of code changes, number changing and head scratching. Apparently T0700 loads up tool 7 and its offset. I looked through the tool offsets and finally found the matching numbers. I had no reason to look at the tool offsets cause I assumed the 00 part of T0700 loaded up no offsets and I was wrong. Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

So if T0700 loads the offset, how do you cancel it to go to the tool change position? There should be a parameter to use the "00" for the offset if you wish. Might make life easier- Just sayin. Dan

So if T0700 loads the offset, how do you cancel it to go to the tool change position? There should be a parameter to use the "00" for the offset if you wish. Might make life easier- Just sayin. Dan

Might be able to command T0. It would depend on how the machine builder wrote the ladder program. G53 might also be available. Not sure if that was available on a L0 control, but it was on a L50.

On other Meldas models parameter 1098 controls whether or not the high order tool numbers call the tool and geometry offset. Don't know if it is the same for the L0 but in many cases Meldas models share parameter numbers.

I could try a T0. I don't know much about programming this machine or programming at all so thankfully when I bought it, it was unplugged for only a few weeks and had a few programs in it that I could look at. I've been using just G28 U0.0 W0.0 to go home and then do a tool change. It has only 8 tools on the turret but it has 16 tool offsets available in the control. I deleted them all out so I could use like numbers, T0707, or T0404 but I could just leave #16 blank and use T0716 for no offsets on any tools. Even though its a decent size small machine it has small travels so I've been doing everything in absolute programming. My programs are getting longer now though so I need to figure out how to program a G71 on this machine. If somebody with a similar machine has a G71 example that would be greatly appreciated. These older Mitsubishi books are hard for me to interpret how to write certain codes without a good example in the book.

Back