Need Help..Tsugami TMA8_II Toolchanger
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default Need Help..Tsugami TMA8_II Toolchanger

    Hello All,

    Can anyone explain how to setup/Load the tool-changer on one of these machines, This particular
    machine has the double stack 60 tool option.

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    79
    Likes (Received)
    104

    Default

    That machine is kind of rare, so you might have a hard time finding someone with experience with it. Can you explain more about the problems you are having? We have a Tsugami horizontal machining center with a double stack tool changer, so maybe it's similar?

  3. Likes Omega liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmpy View Post
    That machine is kind of rare, so you might have a hard time finding someone with experience with it. Can you explain more about the problems you are having? We have a Tsugami horizontal machining center with a double stack tool changer, so maybe it's similar?
    I can't seem to get the sequence correct, the transit block that shuttles the tools between carousels
    seems to be the issue, What I'm wondering is if the tool in the shuttle is next tool or current tool,
    or maybe it's both ?, Put one away and picks the other ?

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thank you..

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    79
    Likes (Received)
    104

    Default

    So, on ours there are two chains of tools. 1-32 are on the bottom chain, and 33-64 are on the top chain. The tool changer takes tools from the bottom one. To get a tool from the top, there is a shuttle that moves the tool you want from the top chain down to the bottom chain. It only puts it into position 6 of the bottom chain. Then the bottom chain rotates to put the tool now in position 6 into the spindle. This lines up position 11 with the shuttle, which can now move back up to the top chain. It's a little complicated to explain. Basically, we just have to remember that you never load a tool into position 6 or position 11 because those are used for transferring between the two levels.

    We just load the tools into either chain and call them in MDI or Auto mode normally- as if they were all on the same chain. We don't have to do anything special for the upper tools. There are M-codes to do different movements of the tool changer and magazine individually, but those are only used for maintenance.

    I hope this is helpful. Again, I don't know how similar our machines are. Post a picture of yours if you're still stuck.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Default

    When you go into custom mode,
    Soft key grip, Will tell you the tool position for upper and lower turrets.
    The tool shuttle position is also indicated.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Default

    Input tool# soft key door to orientate needs to be in handle mode.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wmpy View Post
    So, on ours there are two chains of tools. 1-32 are on the bottom chain, and 33-64 are on the top chain. The tool changer takes tools from the bottom one. To get a tool from the top, there is a shuttle that moves the tool you want from the top chain down to the bottom chain. It only puts it into position 6 of the bottom chain. Then the bottom chain rotates to put the tool now in position 6 into the spindle. This lines up position 11 with the shuttle, which can now move back up to the top chain. It's a little complicated to explain. Basically, we just have to remember that you never load a tool into position 6 or position 11 because those are used for transferring between the two levels.

    We just load the tools into either chain and call them in MDI or Auto mode normally- as if they were all on the same chain. We don't have to do anything special for the upper tools. There are M-codes to do different movements of the tool changer and magazine individually, but those are only used for maintenance.

    I hope this is helpful. Again, I don't know how similar our machines are. Post a picture of yours if you're still stuck.
    This toolchanger is a bit different, It sort of resembles two Haas carousel types stacked
    on top of each other with a tool transport block that runs up and down and in and out.

    Thank you for help , I appreciate it

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnhudson View Post
    Input tool# soft key door to orientate needs to be in handle mode.
    I've got a pretty good handle on the Gripper screen, I can move the tools around and load them
    in the correct pots,

    What I'm having a problem with is when a try to run a program and tool change between two
    tools say 5 and 6, How do I tell the machine to get tool 6 ready and waiting, If I program
    it like the book says it just alarms out (m06 error) at the toolchange seq. I see no ref.
    to a pre tool call in the book.

    Another thing I noticed is that if I move the transport over the tool in the carousel and
    bring it down over the tool the Pos. screen says everything is as it should be (correct tool in transport...etc., but
    if I move the transport with that tool in it to the waiting pos. the screen will say tool zero in transport.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Default

    Yeah, I don't stage the
    next tool either, guy
    before me said it just causes
    problems, I'll give it a tryout
    next week, It's kind of a
    bastard machine sometimes,
    But when it runs it makes great
    quality parts.

  11. Likes Omega liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •