What's new
What's new

Need help waking up an older doosan puma 12

alonzo83

Stainless
We recently were given an old doosan puma 12 with fanuc 10t for the cost of hauling it back to the shop. It seems like it was used very little as the buttons are all legible and everything is in very good shape.

We got it placed and wired up and when we try to turn it on we hear the cooling fans and when we press the on button we heard a relay latch momentarily on this board, said board also has a red light come on after the relay un latches.
f25ed9e9b9c841a9098fb512f6b772e3.jpg

Any idea of where to check for the cause of the problem?

Batteries show that they still have voltage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The symptom you describe usually points to a problem with the CNC power supply (black boxy thing attached to the right side of the mother board). On a machine that age, many power supply issues are caused by the electrolytic capacitors going bad which causes noisy or out of range voltages. Cheap and easy first step to replace them.

Any way to check that it is the power supply?
a9ed7f9b98a50b8920687dcaee475ed3.jpg

Tha caps don’t look bad at all.

An oscilloscope for the power supply or an LCR meter to test the caps themselves. When caps are referred to as leaky it means electrically leaky, not gooooeee leaking out. To check the caps you can't just use a simple multi meter, they need to be check with an LCR meter. I usually test them for ESR

I did check the caps there all quick to come up to about 2.6 kf and stop climbing. Not sure if that means anything at all.

Man you're way better than me if you can look at a cap and tell it's not bad. I reckon you don't need help then.

No I am really that ignorant. I honestly thought the caps would have fluid leaking from them.

I found a local guy that can test the caps on the power supply. Anything else I can check?

Back