What's new
What's new

Need Help - Wiring Diagram for 1984 Hitachi Seiki HT-20 (Green Machine)

B.Reilly01

Aluminum
Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for an old (1984) Hitachi HT-20 (Green Machine)? Yesterday I popped a fuse (2FU) on the power supply in the control cabinet. Replacing the fuse results in instant loss of the fuse (even with the machine powered down but still hooked to power). This machine didn't come with wiring diagrams, and Cyber Machinery Sales (the only people I know that support this old machine) cannot find a diagram to sell me. I'm waiting on more fuses to start troubleshooting, but it's like shooting in the dark without a diagram.

Thank you

Anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for an old (1984) Hitachi HT-20 (Green Machine)? Yesterday I popped a fuse (2FU) on the power supply in the control cabinet. Replacing the fuse results in instant loss of the fuse (even with the machine powered down but still hooked to power). This machine didn't come with wiring diagrams, and Cyber Machinery Sales (the only people I know that support this old machine) cannot find a diagram to sell me. I'm waiting on more fuses to start troubleshooting, but it's like shooting in the dark without a diagram.

Thank you

Hello Reilly01,
I may be able to help you with that. What control is on the machine; circa that year, it could be a 6TB-2, or 10T.

Regards,

Bill

Hey Bill,

The control is Seiki Multi. It's full of Yaskawa parts. The serial is HT22217SC. It might be an 1986/87, I always mix up my mill and lathe years.

Thank you,

Ben

That sounds like it should be pretty easy to troubleshoot. Disconnect power and use a ohm meter to ground. Start disconnecting wires and see when you lose your continuity.

No continuity to ground - must be shorting line-to-line. There is a certain amount of resistance line-to-line, but I don't know what I should be expecting (Of course there is, it's the circuits). I'm thinking I've lost a component or board somewhere, but not sure where. It could be the power supply, or elsewhere. I removed all relays and plugs (but nothing on the terminal strip), and I still blow the fuse immediately. A new/used power supply is arriving tomorrow, but I think the best course of action is to have a diagram so I know WHERE all these leads on the terminal strip go.

Last edited:

Back