What's new
What's new

Need a little push to get me going please(tree mill)

:willy_nilly:I picked up a sweet little tree mill using the dynapath 20 setup. I have newer Haas cnc experience but none with this. I was shown briefly at the shop and they set a program (in incremental) but when I try to run it even after zero ref points ect. It runs out of travel befors getting too fixture start point. If i can get help writing a simple absolute,t1, s1200,m03,milling a 10"x3" pocket with no arc corners I can begin to figure it out. I have a hard time getting the initial program set up. Please if you know the specific input (not the simple text as it would enter in on the computer) for the dynapath screen that will help tremendously. I think I am setting zeros(home and part ) but when I try to send the g90 for abs it gives a format error. I really appreciate any help thanks.:bawling::angry:

After you start and reference zero the machine, are you jogging to the zero position on the part and re-zeroing the axes?

After referencing the machine, jog to the location on the part that would represent zero. In jog mode, press 9 for "zero set" and then toggle the X and Y jog switches. This will reset zero on both axes. Touch off and zero the Z axis in the same manner. That's the new zero position.

Unless there is a fixture offset set up in the part program, it should run from there.

You should be able to program a simple pocket milling operation from there using the conversational programming.

To set up a simple pocketing program, Press "Mode Select" then press C for "Catalog Mode" and type in a simple name for the program and press "enter". Press "Mode Select" again and then press 3 for "Program Mode". Enter an event number and then press "Event Type" and program the pocket in either Conversational or G Code. Back to "Mode Select" and then select "Auto" or "Single Event" to execute the program.

I don't have a control in front of me and I'm a long way away from being a Dynapath Wizard, but this should get you in the ball park.

I was not toggling the axis the second time. I knew it was something small and simple. Thanks for the advice and program. Excuse me while I step out and make some chips!

The difference between programming in "Absolute" and "Incremental" is very simple on this control. All you do is add a "/" after the number you want to be Incremimental, and no "/" if you want absolute. This is in conversational mode which is what i use almost exclusivly, although you can mix "Regular" g-code in with it if you want.

A 10" x 3" pocket in converstional mode would look something like this-

N1(9)M3E1S1200T1$(E1= Offset 1)
N2(0)X.25Y.25Z.1$(Wherever you want your pocket)
N3(3)X10Y3Z-.125W.1G7D1C1(1/8" DEPTH)R0P10F25L.01V20$

You can also add pecks with "K" CODES
The above code has a plunge rate of 10(P10), a feedrate of 25(F25), no radius in the corners(R0), cutter comp left because i'm climbing in a ccw wise direction. And a finish pass of .01"(L.01). Also, finish feedrate of 20(V20), Reference plane of .1"(W.1).

Now by no means are any of the numbers for actual code, just filled in the blanks with anything. Just wanted to show how the code works in conversational mode. But again, you can use "regular" g-code if you prefer.

Last edited:

Back