What's new
What's new

Need Matsushita TR-6DA1 pinout for Yasnac CRT display for retrofit

gregoryd

Hot Rolled
I have an old (1981) NC turning center with the Yasnac 2000G control. It has a CRT that has a dark area and has done some weird flickers in the past. I figure it is just a matter of time before it becomes unusable - so I'm looking to switch it over to a LCD on the cheap. It is not a money making machine and I'm not going to spend $400-$700 for a used monitor that is just as old, or closer to $1000 for a commercial solution that fits in the same frame.

I have one of the XVGA box GBS-8219/GBS-8239 type video converters coming. It is supposed to take MDA and go down to 15 Hz for the horizontal sync which is what I think I have.

The CRT is a Matsushita TR-6DA1 used on Yasnac 2000g G machines like the Mori-Seiki and Takamatsu
It connects to the Yaskawa Control Panel Df6101675 with a 6 wire plug. This is what I have to figure out.

IBM original MDA used 6 wires of the 9 pin connector with 2 grounds, intensity, video, hor sync, vert sync. So I'm hoping it is similar.

I've searched all through here and the internet and have not found what I need.

Has anyone done this already, or have a pinout of the Yaskawa board - or help with pinning it out myself without destroying it?

IMG-3405.jpgIMG-3408.jpgIMG-3404.jpg

Replying to my own thread because I solved it and maybe this will help someone in the future looking for this conversion. I put an oscilloscope on each of the lines to figure it out. The wires from the board are all gray and green (ground) so I will us the corresponding connector plug colors. I used the XVGA box GBS8219 converter that handles MDA and has the 9 pin VGA in.

Black - Ground =========================== [to pin 2 on VGA in Cable]
Red - 13V
Blue - 4V @ 15.4 kHz (Horizontal Sync)===== [to pin 8 on VGA in cable]
Orange - 4V @ 58 kHz (Vertical Sync) ====== [to pin 9 on VGA in cable]
Gray - Intensity (?)
White - ~2V (Video) ======================= [to pin 4 on VGA in cable - green]

My CRT was collapsing from the extents and I played with the adjustments as much as I could. I wanted to convert to VGA before it failed. It works - I'm happy.

IMG_3686.jpgIMG_3689.jpg

Back