What's new
What's new

Need metal for fixture

Tichy

Aluminum
I'm sorry I come up with all these pestering questions, I will try to make an actual solid contribution soon. (Promise.) But:

I need a rod of something that I can hit over and over and over again with a heavy rubber club without it bending. (Yeah I know, "within reason.")

What's my ideal material? Try anything iron-based. If anything is better list that.

This is for a fixture to improve production capacity. If working it will be a miracle.

Depends on the size and aspect ratio of the rod, how heavy the club is, and how hard you're going to hit it. If it were me I'd use 17-4 H900 because I have a ton of it laying around. Other than that, 5160, properly heat treated, might be the most durable. Whether or not you need to go to that extreme depends on your specifics.

Swedens and there clubbing, 1st it was baby seals (which was awsum BTW) then it was Tiger Woods which was better than AWSUM.... j'king

17-4 has my vote

17-4 would be easy, but any of the tougher tool steels should also work okay given the right heat treat. You want something with a high yield strength, and enough toughness to not shatter or chip. S7, perhaps?

t1 or s7, If someone uses steel club on s7 there is a chance of chipping - not great but there. T1 is the knees for spring stakes. No heat treat, just grind your shape and go. Grater blade if you have access to scrap yard is tough and non chippy too (sometimes a t1).

Back