Need a new deep groove/cut off insert for Ali.................
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Need a new deep groove/cut off insert for Ali.................

So Kennametal has discontinued their A3 deep grooving line(pic below)................I have been using them for a long time. The groove inserts actually breaks a chip even in the gummiest aluminum ..................no long stringers or curly cues.................I bought one of their new Beyond Evolution holders and inserts..............all I get is curly cues and rats nests...................the old inserts have a nice bump that turns the chips into tiny little granules.............very easy to deal with. What's out there similar to the A3's?

img_0562.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cant give you an exact match, but we go Iscar for all our grooving needs. Seems like they have the widest choice. Is the Beyond Evolution insert ground and polished?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    So Kennametal has discontinued their A3 deep grooving line(pic below)................I have been using them for a long time. The groove inserts actually breaks a chip even in the gummiest aluminum ..................no long stringers or curly cues.................I bought one of their new Beyond Evolution holders and inserts..............all I get is curly cues and rats nests...................the old inserts have a nice bump that turns the chips into tiny little granules.............very easy to deal with. What's out there similar to the A3's?

img_0562.jpg
    No dont say that, what about the A2? It is the almost the only cutoff tool I use!

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
    I cant give you an exact match, but we go Iscar for all our grooving needs. Seems like they have the widest choice. Is the Beyond Evolution insert ground and polished?

Yeah, I've never seen anything with a chip breaker that pronounced, but for grooving, the iscar DoGrip line has an awesome molded/ground chip breaker that rolls the chips right up and gets them out of the cut (Disclaimer: I don't cut aluminum... But for PEEK, Stainless, and Ti, they work AWESOME)... The Pentacut may be an attractive option too, with 5 edges per insert, and recently they introduced coolant through holders for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hate it when they discontinue good products. I used to use Valenice part off inserts and they worked awesome. Bought a new sandvik blade and inserts and was terrible in comparison. Bought an iscar blade and its better but still not even close to the old valenite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just got off the phone with Kennametal and it looks like they did drop the A3 line but the A2 which I use is still on the books. Perhaps you can get buy with the thinner insert? I am sure the issue for you will be the depth available as I do mostly small parts and the A2 works great for me.

Charles