What's new
What's new

Need some advice on backing up parameters on a Fanuc 3T-F

atex57

Stainless
I have a Hitachi Seiki with a 3T control with a Micon8 controller that takes care of tool changes, tail stock, etc. Last year the Micon lost everything when a battery cell went dead. Luckily the paper work that came with the machine had a hard copy of the parameters and after a hour of button pushing it was back up and running.

Now the paranoia has set in and what if I get a bad cell on the battery backup on the Fanuc side?

I have brought up the parameter list on the screen and captured it with a camera and saved to disk.

The vital question is, are there any other places that need to be saved/backed up and is there a special way to do it? I have heard of 9000(?) series parameters on other machines, does mine have hidden goodies?

Thanks, Ed.

The 3T does not use the 9000 series like later controls. If you copied/photo'd all the pages of the parameters you should be fine. Since Hitachi used their own PLC (Micon) instead of the built-in Fanuc one you probably do not have any Diagnostic parameters. Those start at 300 (IIRC) and it would be worth a look to see if any are used.

There is FAPT data used on the conversational programming side. If you don't use the FAPT stuff I would not worry about it. If you do then you should backup that data.

Back