What's new
What's new

Need some help on Fanuc 3T and servo alarm

atex57

Stainless
I am looking for some help getting my lathe running again. It has a Fanuc 3T with DC servo's and spindle drive.
When starting up it gives an alarm of SERVO ALARM :01 (OVERLOAD) with a flashing NOT READY under that, the manual says that this alarm is an overload signal in X and Z.

There are no lights on on the spindle drive and both axis drives have the green RDY lights lit but the PRDY is off and no red lights.

Starting with P and CANCEL depressed does not help.

I checked the temp sensors on X and Z and both show closed.

The program I was running when this started has a lot of grooving so it would feed in then rapid back out and move in Z to the next cut and repeat, this program does this about 40 times.

A possible red herring is the motor was always decelerating when this happened and it did it once when initializing at start up when you have to do a gear change and it jogs the spindle.

Of course this happens on a hottish job and is the only lathe big enough to handle the material. Any help is appreciated.

Ed.

Are these 6044 drives?
is there not a 4xx alarm?

There is both a trimmer overload level as well as an actual circuit breaker on those drives.
you will need the maintenance or motor/drive book to see where the OL trimmer should be set for that amp motor combo. But if it wont power-on because of OL but the OL LED is not lit on the drive, I dont know about that.
Did you check the breaker on the drive?

I am looking for some help getting my lathe running again. It has a Fanuc 3T with DC servo's and spindle drive.
When starting up it gives an alarm of SERVO ALARM :01 (OVERLOAD) with a flashing NOT READY under that, the manual says that this alarm is an overload signal in X and Z.

Our old Citizen with a 3T does this from time to time. Check the drives in the electrical cabinet. There's a red reset button near the bottom of the drives. I have to get in there and poke ours once in a while to reset it.

OK!!! Got it running! Seems it was an intermittent/oxidized connection that caused it. I flipped all the breakers and disconnected several plugs while checking and after reconnecting it works fine.
This is the third time I have seen this type of "repair", I think I will remove, clean, and reconnect every cable and breaker on this old gal. Thanks again.

Ed.

Back