• 110 unique P/Ns
  • 150 pc average lot qty.
  • Part envelope: 4"x4"x2"
  • 55% Aluminum
  • 35% Stainless
  • 10% 'Other'

For most work need to hold ± 0.001 and occasionally ± 0.0002
Need 4-Axis capable
Lots of machine change over due to the high mix, low volume. Quick setup/teardown essential.

Looking for a mill that best fits the criteria above. Open to everything.

Thank you!

Some details about what it would be used for:

• 110 unique P/Ns
  • 55% Aluminum
  • 35% Stainless
  • 10% 'Other'

Need 4-Axis capable
Lots of machine change over due to the high mix, low volume. Quick setup/teardown essential.

Thank you!

It seems that a Brother machine will be a good fit for you, but it's better if you review your application with Yamazen. Great team in PHX!

Some details about what it would be used for:

• 110 unique P/Ns
  • 55% Aluminum
  • 35% Stainless
  • 10% 'Other'

Need 4-Axis capable

Thank you!

There are literally a ton of options for machines. Have you narrowed it down to a short list of what you want?
What is your budget?

Lots of machine change over due to the high mix, low volume. Quick setup/teardown essentil.

Just wondering if there is ANYONE ON EARTH, that goes into buying a new machine, and thinks "meh, quick changeover and fast set-up is not really a priority for me". :)

R

This sounds like more of an issue with work holding than a machine choice. Plenty of machines might fit this bill. Work holding must be a more careful consideration, especially if you plan on breaking into and out of a 4 axis setup. Or buy a machine big enough to handle both a 4th axis and quick change fixturing.

Paul

We have a Brother R650 with a 4th on both pallets. We like pallet machines for one outstanding reason....the spindle never stops turning during business hours. Our part runs are 40/50 to 300 pcs. We machine mostly aluminum alloys, some stainless and occasional brass.

I agree with Locknut, you're biggest issue is fixturing. Finding the best combination of work holding devices to minimize the need to make changes and, when changes are needed, the quickest way to index new work holding into position will be your biggest challenge.

Fred

Just wondering if there is ANYONE ON EARTH, that goes into buying a new machine, and thinks "meh, quick changeover and fast set-up is not really a priority for me". :)

R

I think you might be surprised the answer to that... I worked for a company that had hundreds, if not thousands of CNC machines on the floor. Most would only run one operation, on one part, their entire life. In the tool room, we were the exact opposite...

Back