What's new
What's new

"Never clean chips again"...interesting video of coolant "waterfall"....

Saw that video last night. The chip wash looks interesting. Not sure if it's like one of those constant fill/dump mechanisms or it's done when you push a button or send an M code. Either way I like it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work................just an additional small 1/8 hp pump would work perfectly.................

I know those guys! Bought many manifolds from them. Awesome work and happy to build anything custom.

The chip wave seems like a great idea.

Looks like a good idea. It must work for their situation. I only see it working for us if the operator regularly hand wipes those surfaces down. Little tiny chips small enough to stick to the side of sheet metal back in that direction probably came from the air hose.

Brent

Being a chip heavy shop, a few horizontals would out run those verts and chip management wouldn’t be an issue………..(but not Haas horizontals though:ack2:)

Last edited:
Maybe was revolutionary? No clue who did it first? But, they aren't the only ones making logs that way.
Here is just one off the top of my head over in the UK: BILLET TURBO MANIFOLD OM606/605 - YouTube
And there are more. Not a dig at Steed. Very cool video. But, she should get out more, LOL.

deff not the only ones, i have a buddy that makes quite a few manifolds this way, not just for diesels also.
i machined one from 4 layers for my turbo bmw S1000RR years ago.

Maybe was revolutionary? No clue who did it first? But, they aren't the only ones making logs that way.
Here is just one off the top of my head over in the UK: BILLET TURBO MANIFOLD OM606/605 - YouTube
And there are more. Not a dig at Steed. Very cool video. But, she should get out more, LOL.

yep, thats my thoughts. nothing crazy special. just standard 1018 steel "billet" aka solid mild steel

I think it is more than just the coolant pouring out, there is another video somewhere I can't find that shows curved sheet metal at the base of the VMC to help the coolant direct the chips. My Haas machines don't have curves where the bottom meets the back wall so is this something they added or is it on newer/older VMCs?

I think it is more than just the coolant pouring out, there is another video somewhere I can't find that shows curved sheet metal at the base of the VMC to help the coolant direct the chips. My Haas machines don't have curves where the bottom meets the back wall so is this something they added or is it on newer/older VMCs?
It's in the video linked in the first post. Just imagine the skanky shit hidden behind those curved sheets after a few years!

Back