What's new
What's new

New 5 Axis Machine, Help Please!

TapSnapper

Plastic
We are looking to purchase our first 5 axis machine for manufacturing automotive and aerospace components 90% of which are aluminium with the odd bit of Titanium.

The two machines that really stand out are the Okuma genos m460v-5ax and Hermle C250.

Has any one had experience with these two machines? Can anyone comment on their rigidity, accuracy, reliability and service?

We are looking to purchase our first 5 axis machine for manufacturing automotive and aerospace components 90% of which are aluminium with the odd bit of Titanium.

The two machines that really stand out are the Okuma genos m460v-5ax and Hermle C250.

Has any one had experience with these two machines? Can anyone comment on their rigidity, accuracy, reliability and service?

What is your budget? The M460v-5ax is their entry level 5 axis machine. They have higher end 5 axis machines as well.

Brother all the way, because it has a magic 30 taper spindle. 30>40:D
just ask anyone here.:willy_nilly:
:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

My vote is Okuma. The Genos is the entry level 5 ax, there are high level machines as well. The Okuma OSP is, in my opinion, the best as is the rest of the machine. Hermle is a nice looking machine and the Heidy CNC is pretty decent, but, to me, it's Okuma all the way. Their support is terrific, too.

My vote is Okuma. The Genos is the entry level 5 ax, there are high level machines as well. The Okuma OSP is, in my opinion, the best as is the rest of the machine. Hermle is a nice looking machine and the Heidy CNC is pretty decent, but, to me, it's Okuma all the way. Their support is terrific, too.

Well if you wanted to come back in 20 years and tally maintenance costs as your sole criteria, I'd bet on Okuma.
IF the OP is in south England, he might be better off with the Heidy control as that is popular there. And IMO, nobody makes transition to 5 axis easier, and the standard probing is unmatched..

Don't get me wrong, OSP is a fine control especially for power users.

LOL! you saying OSP>heidenhain?
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just buy both of them,

set them side by side,

and ten years from now let us know how it all went,

as probably ten years from now they will still be selling and building the Okuma genos m460v-5ax and Hermle C250.

- I'm still not twitchy about Taiwan - but just in case the M460V -5ax can be moved 100% to Japan.

What are they quoting you for the M460V?

I just received a quote for $330k. Up quite a bit from about a year ago.

Back