What's new
What's new

New amazing coolant? Or maybe....

Speedie

Stainless
Stopped by a shop in wisconsin and the whole shop smelled like laundry detergent like downy fabric softener or the like. They were mostly milling mild steel and aluminum. The coolant they were using was a milky white in color. They seemed to get a good finish on parts but it was a fragrance I have never smelled in a bustling machine shop. Mostly the oily cash smelling coolant or rancid tooth decay sump junk. I was super curious having smelled like a dirty old shop my whole life. They showed me a blue drum of this coolant I have never heard of. Sterling cut if I remember correctly. I have been in a shop for my whole adult life. Why is it that the coolant couldnt have been like this before.

Hello, thanks for the kind words and we hear that all the time from operators! :) That was one of our SterlingCool cutting fluids that you ran into (probably our SterlingCool-55 or SterlingCool-77). The majority of our products are scented with a "Fresh Laundry" scent that all of our customers love! None of our products will sour in the sump, they all provide incredible results and most importantly all of our products are 100% operator friendly (contain zero harmful toxins).

Our company (Cutting Fluids Direct) has removed the middle-man and their mark-ups and we ship directly to our end-user customers typically saving them $200-$500 per drum and $1,000+ on per tote! Our team of chemists specialize in making exact matching replacement products that can typically be a "drop-in" replacement for your previous coolant. We usually replace all of the big-name (big-price) brands like Blaser, Hangsterfer's, Qualichem, Hocut, Castrol, etc... simply because we can provide the same exact results (if not better) WHILE sustaining or improving the results our customers are used to!

Shipping is free to the to majority of the US and we are always in-stock so orders typically ship out within 24-48 hours!

We can provide as many references as you would like and we offer risk-free testing! Please feel free to email us at [email protected] and simply tell us what products you currently use and in what quantity.....we will respond with our exact matching replacement product and it's price! You have nothing to lose except for the potential money that we can save you on every order moving forward! You can also call us directly at 501-358-9292 if you would like to discuss your specific business needs and how we can help.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!
Cutting Fluids Direct

Hi Speedie, Thanks for the kind words.....we hear that a lot from our customers but it never gets old! :)

That particular coolant you saw/ smelled was probably either our SterlingCool-55 (Soluble Oil) or our SterlingCool-77 (Semi-Synthetic). However, our chemists have formulated most of our products to include that "Fresh Laundry" scent since all of our customers absolutely love it!

We (Cutting Fluids Direct) are always able to save our customers a ton of money ($200-$500 per drum) WHILE improving their quality results on all of their metalworking fluids....simply because we have eliminated the middle-man mark up and we sell directly to our customers at wholesale prices! And SHIPPING IS FREE to the majority of the US.

Thanks again and please don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like to talk through your specific situation and how we can help.

Well, Mr/Ms Sterling, could you give us some practical information like:

1) Typical sump life, how thoroughly you have to clean machine before changeover from another brand

2) Best mix for most machining conditions (including tapping)

3) How well it mixes or separates with lubricant oil and grease

4) Draw out with chips? How often do you have to replenish?

5) Does filtering the coolant (say, to 2 micron) strip out constituents? If so, what's the finest it can be filtered to?

Thanks for any further info you can provide.

Hi Milland,

Thanks for your message and yes sir/ ma'am, we are always happy to answer questions about our products! I'll do my best to answer your above questions (in general) but please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you'd like to discuss your specific scenario in more detail.

1) Sump Life- All of our products are known for having an incredibly long sump life and for not souring in the sump. So, no bad smells and no science experiments growing :) . A lot of our customers switch to us and stay with us because of this very issue (we would be happy to provide as many references as needed). Obviously, the bio-resistance will vary from category to category as straight cutting oils, full synthetics, soluble oils, etc... are all very different. But for a quick example, our SterlingCool-55 (one of our most popular products) is an extremely premium heavy-duty Soluble Oil and is known to last well over a year in sumps! That's saying a lot for a Soluble Oil! Our customers typically use this product as a replacement for other "top-shelf" brands such as Blaser, Qualichem, Hangsterfer's, Hocut, etc.... And in regards to clean-out before change-over, our chemists actually specialize in formulating matching replacement products for our competitors....so the majority of our products are considered "drop-in replacements" and no clean out/ downtime is needed. However, if you are changing categories (full synthetic to semi-synthetic, soluble oil to straight cutting oil, etc...) then you would want to do a clean-out. Or if your sump is already moldy/ smelly from a previous coolant, we would recommend flushing the sump before starting fresh and never looking back. We sell a really great (and inexpensive) sump cleaner....free shipping included of course :)

2) Mixing Recommendations- Our chemists have created recommended Mixing Guides for all of our products to make this easy and to help remove any of the guess-work for our customers. They do provide a range because as you mention above, some of our customers prefer to mix their cutting fluids a little thinner or a little thicker depending on how they are using it.

3) Oil and Grease Separation- All of our products are really great at rejecting "tramp oils" and we have never heard a single concern from any of our customers on this.

4) Draw out with chips- Our chemists have designed/ formulated all of coolants and cutting oils to have an extremely low "carry-off rate". This helps to ensure minimal replenishment (money saved).

5) Filter Recommendations- Good question...this will again vary tremendously on a case by case basis depending on factors such as the category of product (cutting oil versus coolant), the machining applications and desired level of surface finish. We have customers that swear by (and get terrific results) using a 20-25 micron filter on soluble oils, full synthetics, etc... and we have customers that use a 2 micron! We usually discuss that on a case by case basis with each customer taking into account their individual situation.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions and again, we are here to help. All of our customers love partnering with us because at the end of the day we are simply here to help them save money and improve quality at the same time. Our prices (with being wholesale and eliminating the middle-man mark-ups) always gets our foot in the door, but ultimately the quality of our products and service is what keep us in business!

Thanks again and please don't hesitate to contact us should you need anything at all.

Thanks M. Moore........I promise our products work way better than we can ever make them sound! Ha!

Our company's business model is actually that we have removed the middle-man (distributors) and we provide our products directly to our customers from our manufacturing facility at wholesale prices. By removing the middle-man mark-up, we are able to pass those savings along to our customers and save them an average of $200-$500 per drum and $1,000+ on totes....Free Shipping included! With our products you will get the same exact results (if not better) than what you are used to seeing with your current products.....but for a lot less money simply because there is nobody in between us to hike up our prices. Our sales force is primarily word-of-mouth referrals (similar to the original post above) and the internet.

We do ship a ton of product to our friends "north of the border" so we would be excited to partner with you as well. Unfortunately our FREE SHIPPING doesn't apply outside of the US, but that's easy to navigate. A lot of our Canadian customers love that we don't require a "drum deposit" as well. :)

Please don't ever hesitate to contact us directly so that we can simply talk through what you are currently using and if you are happy with it. If our customers like their current product, we have an exact matching replacement product that will provide the same exact results but for a lot less money! If our customers don't like their current product, then we can definitely help there as well! In most cases, we are able to offer risk free trials to new customers and we can provide as many customer referrals as needed.

We look forward to speaking with you and hopefully having a chance to EARN a partnership with you.

@Plastikdreams.....That sounds great! We would love the opportunity to work with you and your team and to earn their trust the RIGHT way! We always like for our customers to see our product in action so that they can physically see it do, what we say it does!

Please don't hesitate to give us a call or shoot us an email at anytime (we are always on call for our customers). I guarantee you won't regret it....we'll save you and your company money WHILE sustaining (if not improving) their quality results. The scenting of our product is honestly just a nice bonus! :)

Hi Plastikdreams....that sounds great! We would love the opportunity to earn your and your company's trust the RIGHT way! We always prefer for our new customers to see our products in action, so they can see it do what we say it does. :)

Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us at anytime. We are always available for our customers. I can guarantee you guys won't regret partnering with us as we are always able to save our customers money while sustaining (if not improving) their quality results....and the "Fresh Laundry" scent is just a nice bonus! :)

Hi Plastikdreams....that sounds great! We would love the opportunity to earn your and your company's trust the RIGHT way! We always prefer for our new customers to see our products in action, so they can see it do what we say it does. :)

Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us at anytime. We are always available for our customers. I can guarantee you guys won't regret partnering with us as we are always able to save our customers money while sustaining (if not improving) their quality results....and the "Fresh Laundry" scent is just a nice bonus! :)

Sounds good...it's not an easy task though, I have to get permission from a few different people in different departments, ie metallurgy, ehs, my boss, and I think a few others. We rarely machine castings in our machine but because we do it has to be approved.

Can you private message me a link to an sds for this product. We mainly machine delrin (30%) and 2024 aluminum (65%), with occasional tool steels thrown in.

How does it handle the laundry ?...:D
Much like "Shimmer, the floor wax that's also a desert topping"

To Sterlings Credit I inquired about their product.
Sterling responded on Thanksgiving Day!
Sayes a ton about customer service.
I am not a major player but I am giving them a Shot.
Cant wait to get rid of the smell.

So I have ordered their SterlingCool-27. The price can't be beat, my questions answered quickly and on a Sunday no less.
I'll report back soon.

Sounds good...it's not an easy task though, I have to get permission from a few different people in different departments, ie metallurgy, ehs, my boss, and I think a few others. We rarely machine castings in our machine but because we do it has to be approved.

Can you private message me a link to an sds for this product. We mainly machine delrin (30%) and 2024 aluminum (65%), with occasional tool steels thrown in.

Yes Sir. We completely understand needing to go through the approval/ testing process with our customers and we know it can sometimes be a slow process (especially when we partnering with our newer/ larger military, medical and aerospace manufacturing customers). But we actually enjoy that process because we want everyone to feel great about the new relationship and because our products are all 100% safe and operator friendly! We use zero harmful toxins, DCHA or formaldehyde releasing product....so we've never had a single concern getting it signed off. :)

We will shoot you a private message to get the ball rolling. Have a great day and we look forward to working with you!

How does it handle the laundry ?...:D
Much like "Shimmer, the floor wax that's also a desert topping"

Haha......not sure about the laundry, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's been tested as well!?!?! In all seriousness, we just kept hearing operators mention leaving work and going to their kids events, going home every day with a rough smell or shops that had just accepted a nasty smell.....so our chemists got to work and we've had nothing but great feedback on it. ��

To Sterlings Credit I inquired about their product.
Sterling responded on Thanksgiving Day!
Sayes a ton about customer service.
I am not a major player but I am giving them a Shot.
Cant wait to get rid of the smell.

We look forward to partnering with you. I can guarantee we will be able to save you money and improve quality results....and improve the smell! :)

And yes sir, we supply for some of the largest manufacturing companies out there....so if they run 24/7- so do we!

So I have ordered their SterlingCool-27. The price can't be beat, my questions answered quickly and on a Sunday no less.
I'll report back soon.

Thanks for your order BGL! Our products are always in stock and orders typically ship out in 24-48 hours. You will receive an email with tracking information as soon as it leaves our docks. You'll love that product and please don't hesitate to reach out should you need anything at all.

Back