Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by plastikdreams View Post
    Nothing could be worse than the blasocut40bt we are using now. I can mix a fresh batch today and by tomorrow morning it's coming out of suspension and will not mix back in. It smells like a chemical plant and it really does us no favors excepth wash chips away lol.
    @Plastikdreams....thanks again for linking us up with your company. We look forward to working with you and your team because we will absolutely be able to help on the issues that you and I discussed....and we'll put a ton of money back on their bottom line at the same time! Maybe they can give you a cut of the money they'll be saving as a "finder's fee" after they test our coolant and love it!?!? Haha. In all seriousness, we have actually had a few of our customers do that for the guys that brought us to them.

And yes, we replace their coolants and cutting oils quite often for customers but mainly just for two reasons....price and smell. They obviously make great products but our matching replacement products provide our customers with the same results while saving our customers a ton of money and having that slight "fresh laundry" scent. We are able to do this simply because we have eliminated the middleman (and their mark-up) and instead we sell at wholesale prices directly from our manufacturing facility to the end-user customers....and we do free shipping to most of the US as well!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From this post and follow ups by "CFD" I decided to give the product a shot.

I did this if for no other reason, I'd like to have a backup to the TRIM E906 I am using...and have been quite happy with. BUT Price has been going up and up as have delivery costs and I'd like to have a fallback for when it truly is out of line.

Anyway, picked up 5 gallons of the Sterling Cool 55.

Machine 1-
    I cleaned out one machine top to bottom, filled with the Sterling. Its been in there about a month and a half, ran the gamut of jobs the machine normally does.
    -Aside from the smell it runs exactly the same so far. Fine with all materials, No foam issues, Waylube separates nicely, No funky buildup on machine, the windows nor in the coolant lines. Skin issues- I'm usually the one who has problems first, no issue with me or the guys.

Machine 2-
    I was told I can use this product WITH the coolant I'm already using. So I have been topping that machine off with the Sterling 55. Aside from the smell, can't tell the difference.

Does the coolant hold up over time?....too early to call.
    Short term it seems no different then the TRIM E-906. With that I'll continue to test it.

I left the smell part out of the follow up, it's more subjective.

The product does have a "strong" smell that could be likened to a fabric softener or laundry detergent...but not quite. I do believe nobody will be dabbing a little behind their ears on the way home.
    A couple guys shrugged to the smell not really caring, a couple did not like the smell at all. Me, initially it was strong at first but I hardly notice it much anymore. Might be the smell subsided or I just got used to it.
    In the 2nd machine where it is mixed...the smell really did not come through much if at all. I have been going back and forth with both brands keeping machine topped off.

There is a coolant I tried years ago that I believe had a very similar smell. That stuff had me scratching.

So to conclude, so far so good and like it or not,the smell is a bit strong. Guys just thought I had cleaned something when they came in on that 1st Monday after I swapped on a Friday late afternoon. They really don't notice smell anymore now either as when I ask they really have to think about what I'm asking. If it was heavy on their mind I am sure I'd hear.

3. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post
    From this post and follow ups by "CFD" I decided to give the product a shot.

I did this if for no other reason, I'd like to have a backup to the TRIM E906 I am using...and have been quite happy with. BUT Price has been going up and up as have delivery costs and I'd like to have a fallback for when it truly is out of line.

Anyway, picked up 5 gallons of the Sterling Cool 55.

Machine 1-
    I cleaned out one machine top to bottom, filled with the Sterling. Its been in there about a month and a half, ran the gamut of jobs the machine normally does.
    -Aside from the smell it runs exactly the same so far. Fine with all materials, No foam issues, Waylube separates nicely, No funky buildup on machine, the windows nor in the coolant lines. Skin issues- I'm usually the one who has problems first, no issue with me or the guys.

Machine 2-
    I was told I can use this product WITH the coolant I'm already using. So I have been topping that machine off with the Sterling 55. Aside from the smell, can't tell the difference.

Does the coolant hold up over time?....too early to call.
    Short term it seems no different then the TRIM E-906. With that I'll continue to test it.

I left the smell part out of the follow up, it's more subjective.

The product does have a "strong" smell that could be likened to a fabric softener or laundry detergent...but not quite. I do believe nobody will be dabbing a little behind their ears on the way home.
    A couple guys shrugged to the smell not really caring, a couple did not like the smell at all. Me, initially it was strong at first but I hardly notice it much anymore. Might be the smell subsided or I just got used to it.
    In the 2nd machine where it is mixed...the smell really did not come through much if at all. I have been going back and forth with both brands keeping machine topped off.

There is a coolant I tried years ago that I believe had a very similar smell. That stuff had me scratching.

So to conclude, so far so good and like it or not,the smell is a bit strong. Guys just thought I had cleaned something when they came in on that 1st Monday after I swapped on a Friday late afternoon. They really don't notice smell anymore now either as when I ask they really have to think about what I'm asking. If it was heavy on their mind I am sure I'd hear.
    --Thanks so much for the review here Sir! That's exactly what our company does for all of our customers....save them a ton of money on coolants, cutting oils, waylubes, hydraulic oils, rust preventatives, etc.. WHILE sustaining (if not improving) the results they were getting from their previous brand. We are able to do this simply because we have removed the middleman/ distributor markup and instead we manufacture our premium metalworking fluids and then supply them directly to our end-user customers at wholesale prices.....typically saving them $200- $500 per drum and $1,000+ per tote. And we offer free shipping to the majority of the USA!

We look forward to continually earning our partnership with you and your team in the future....and saving you a ton of money moving forward!

Kind Regards,

Cutting Fluids Direct

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't thank me for the review just yet, still too early to tell.

But can say it looks promising so far. I'll also say IF I have a problem you'll hear directly from me first just in case I mixed the product wrong, ordered the wrong stuff or maybe you guys ran a bad batch (never say never especially when I'm involved)

Anyway, so far so good with no immediate concerns.
    Two more pails ordered and we'll be looking for sump life longevity.

6. Likes Ox, CFD-SterlingCool liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been using Qualichem 251C and haven't had any issues other than enduring the horrible smell. I thought a mist collector would make things a bit better but it's still excruciating. Not sure if the fabric detergent spell from the CFD coolants will be any better, but I'll give everyone an update if I end up trying one of their products out.

8. Likes CFD-SterlingCool liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Squidmaster23 View Post
    I've been using Qualichem 251C and haven't had any issues other than enduring the horrible smell. I thought a mist collector would make things a bit better but it's still excruciating. Not sure if the fabric detergent spell from the CFD coolants will be any better, but I'll give everyone an update if I end up trying one of their products out.
    --We received your Direct Message this morning.....thanks for reaching out here. We replace Qualichem (and the other big-name/ big-price brands) all the time for our customers! We'll be able to not only solve for that souring smell issue you are referring to, but also save you a ton of money at the same time!

If anyone else would simply like to hear about our replacement product for their current coolant/ cutting oil, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 501-358-9292 or shoot us a quick email at [email protected] We will quickly reply back with our matching product(s) and prices....and we offer free shipping for the majority of the USA! The prices always look good since we sell direct to the customer with no middleman markups, but our customers ultimately love working with us because of our product's quality results, them being 100% safe/ operator friendly, having extremely long sump life/ no foul odors, our quick lead times, customer service, etc...

We look forward to hopefully having a shot at EARNING a longterm partnership with you and your teams!

Kind Regards, CFD

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I also have put it in my lathe.
    So far I am pleased, as it works wit steel and alum really well
    Would definitely recommend
    and smell is a plus !
    Just my humble opinion

11. Likes CFD-SterlingCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CFD-SterlingCool View Post
    --We received your Direct Message this morning.....thanks for reaching out here. We replace Qualichem (and the other big-name/ big-price brands) all the time for our customers! We'll be able to not only solve for that souring smell issue you are referring to, but also save you a ton of money at the same time!

If anyone else would simply like to hear about our replacement product for their current coolant/ cutting oil, please don't hesitate to give us a call at 501-358-9292 or shoot us a quick email at [email protected] We will quickly reply back with our matching product(s) and prices....and we offer free shipping for the majority of the USA! The prices always look good since we sell direct to the customer with no middleman markups, but our customers ultimately love working with us because of our product's quality results, them being 100% safe/ operator friendly, having extremely long sump life/ no foul odors, our quick lead times, customer service, etc...

We look forward to hopefully having a shot at EARNING a longterm partnership with you and your teams!

Kind Regards, CFD

Scroll to the bottom of any page and along the bottom header (?) there is a link that says "contact us".
    Maybe you should consider talking to Jessica about taking out a small banner ad in support of the positive advertisement that you have been getting.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

13. Likes CFD-SterlingCool, digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ernieflash View Post
    I also have put it in my lathe.
    So far I am pleased, as it works wit steel and alum really well
    Would definitely recommend
    and smell is a plus !
    Just my humble opinion
    Thanks so much for the opportunity to work with you and your team!

Kind Regards, CFD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I went back to the shop that ran it their sumps looked good. One machine smelled a mix between downy and cinnoman...i just realized i cant spell that word. No clue on better than except for the nose test and sump is good. Those guys liked it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CFD is super aggressive is this post...lol.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    CFD is super aggressive is this post...lol.
    It's all your fault.....

18. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I went back to the shop that ran it their sumps looked good. One machine smelled a mix between downy and cinnoman...i just realized i cant spell that word. No clue on better than except for the nose test and sump is good. Those guys liked it
    Normal people spell it cinnamon... the rest of us spell it Fireball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes triumph406 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by G00 Proto View Post
    Normal people spell it cinnamon... the rest of us spell it Fireball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fireball.jpg yep it's good stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To hell with fireball

23. Likes Rstewart liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will share my experience with Sterling cool 55 over our current Trim 685LF. The short version is, I like it. Read on for more if you want.

I absolutely abhor trying new coolants. We all know it takes a lot of time and usually doesn't provide substantial results of "the next best thing". I've known for a long time that cheap coolants cost a lot of money. HOWEVER, with the annual "raw materials and raising the prices" letter I get from my current coolant suppler, I decided to try this coolant out. Simple test in one of our horizontals. Seemed o.k. Smell is a bit powerful but pleasant the first week, then tapers off to just plain pleasant. Easy on the hands and seems clean. So far, worth testing a bit more. I put it in a lathe that runs a production 15-5 stainless part removing about 50 lbs of material. We have been running this for years and have a good idea of tool life, ETC. I've got 60 hours of cycle time on this test. It did well. Same tool life, loads ETC. The one insert edge lasts 40 minutes (save discussion of that for a different thread if you want). Looking at the used edges under the scope, the Sterlingcool might have a slight advantage. SLIGHT. Meaning, the average wear is a tiny bit less. Not enough to push harder, I'm talking maybe only increasing the safety margin a bit. After the test, pumped out the Sterling cool and put in a fresh charge of Trim 685LF just to make sure I gave the old coolant a fair shake. No difference. I didn't think there would be but I tried to minimize variables. On the variable note, Sterlingcool 55 is a soluble oil. I think Trim 685LF is a semi.

Other notables, it did a great job of separating out tramp oil. The skimmer was actually working. It may smoke a bit more but really hard to judge.

We've only had this coolant a couple months so no word on longevity. But, so far, I'm really happy I tried it. We have another large material removal job coming up. 304L stainless that we have solid data on as well.

I share this only because if this turns out to be a good product, I'd like it to stay around.

25. Likes Ox, CFD-SterlingCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Imagine that ....it doesnt suck

27. Likes CFD-SterlingCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Imagine that ....it doesnt suck
    It's married.

29. Likes Booze Daily liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

-----------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FK View Post
    I will share my experience with Sterling cool 55 over our current Trim 685LF. The short version is, I like it. Read on for more if you want.

I absolutely abhor trying new coolants. We all know it takes a lot of time and usually doesn't provide substantial results of "the next best thing". I've known for a long time that cheap coolants cost a lot of money. HOWEVER, with the annual "raw materials and raising the prices" letter I get from my current coolant suppler, I decided to try this coolant out. Simple test in one of our horizontals. Seemed o.k. Smell is a bit powerful but pleasant the first week, then tapers off to just plain pleasant. Easy on the hands and seems clean. So far, worth testing a bit more. I put it in a lathe that runs a production 15-5 stainless part removing about 50 lbs of material. We have been running this for years and have a good idea of tool life, ETC. I've got 60 hours of cycle time on this test. It did well. Same tool life, loads ETC. The one insert edge lasts 40 minutes (save discussion of that for a different thread if you want). Looking at the used edges under the scope, the Sterlingcool might have a slight advantage. SLIGHT. Meaning, the average wear is a tiny bit less. Not enough to push harder, I'm talking maybe only increasing the safety margin a bit. After the test, pumped out the Sterling cool and put in a fresh charge of Trim 685LF just to make sure I gave the old coolant a fair shake. No difference. I didn't think there would be but I tried to minimize variables. On the variable note, Sterlingcool 55 is a soluble oil. I think Trim 685LF is a semi.

Other notables, it did a great job of separating out tramp oil. The skimmer was actually working. It may smoke a bit more but really hard to judge.

We've only had this coolant a couple months so no word on longevity. But, so far, I'm really happy I tried it. We have another large material removal job coming up. 304L stainless that we have solid data on as well.

I share this only because if this turns out to be a good product, I'd like it to stay around.
    Thanks for that FK! Yeah, that SterlingCool-55 is a "beast" and all of our customers love the results it provides....as well as the money it saves them (especially with our free shipping)! That SterlingCool-55 and our SterlingCool-77 are our heavy-duty Semi-Synthetic and Soluble Oil that replace all the big-name (big-price) brands like Blaser, Trim, Qualichem, Hangsterfer's, etc... Same results (if not better) but for a lot less money, free shipping and our "fresh laundry' scent! Thank you again for the opportunity and we promise to keep EARNING our partnership with you and your team.

If anyone else is interested in sustaining (or improving) your current results WHILE saving $200- $500 per drum ($1,000+ per tote) on every order (free shipping included to most of the US), you can visit our website at www.cuttingfluidsdirect.com or simply email us at [email protected] and let us know what coolant/ cutting oil/ swiss oil you are currently using. We will reply back quickly with our matching product and it's price.

Thanks and have a great weekend!