What's new
What's new

New bar puller found on eBay, anybody used one?

mcriner

Plastic
Looking for cnc lathes on eBay. Came across a new bar puller that a company in the US is making and selling. Looks to be pretty new. Level 10 Tools | Ez-Puller The Only Bar Puller That Is Self Adjusting.. Has anyone used one of these or do I have to be the guinea pig? They are selling them for $595 for a short introductory offering. I have a PITA Royal that works great once you get it adjusted. Also make sure the jaw screws are tight because you can lose them very quickly in a barrel of chips, a two hundred dollar goof up. This puller uses a bar with a cam on the end to push on, I am guessing a stiff spring, to generate the power to squeeze onto the bar.

CNC Lathe Smart Bar Puller by Micron E.M.E Ltd - YouTube

I bought this one and it is awesome. Way better than the POS royal 2 finger one I bought....Works great if you use your part off tool and put a groove .020 deep in the bar for the puller to grab on.

The one you posted looks pretty sweet though....might have to check that out.

I like that better than the coolant-activated one I was forced to try. The coolant-activated one was a total P.O.S.

CNC Lathe Smart Bar Puller by Micron E.M.E Ltd - YouTube

I bought this one and it is awesome. Way better than the POS royal 2 finger one I bought....Works great if you use your part off tool and put a groove .020 deep in the bar for the puller to grab on.

The one you posted looks pretty sweet though....might have to check that out.

Hey dstryr: Did you get the 3/4" shank model? If so, does it have a flat on the shank? If it has the flat, is it parallel to the hex body of the tool? That thing looks good to me. I'm considering a purchase, at $270 including shipping seems like a good deal.

Thanks,

Roger

WOW! I like the look of that one!
The coolant ones SUCK badly.

I have an adjustable type, but it is still a PITA.

Might need to pick up one of those.

Doug.

Wouldn't work for me. Says on their site the max DIA in round is 1.625". I have a heavy duty Royal puller. Been using it for close to 13 yrs. I'm sure it has made over a million pulls and still works just fine.

Wouldn't work for me. Says on their site the max DIA in round is 1.625". I have a heavy duty Royal puller. Been using it for close to 13 yrs. I'm sure it has made over a million pulls and still works just fine.

I call them up to see if they had one which would work for my machine (small gang tool), they said they are currently working on a larger one as well as a smaller one. Looks like the smaller one is 8 months out, so I picked up the micron one and will try that one out for now.

Back