What's new
What's new

New at Fanuc programming

Emdemaq

Plastic
Hello forum

My name is Matias and I'm from Chile. I have a few years reading differents topics of this great forum but now it's my time to ask.

In our company we bought an 2012 Doosan Lynx 300 with, obviously, Fanuc control (Fanuc i series).Here in the company have four Haas machines (TL-1, TL-2, VF-3, VF-5XT) and we learnt the CNC programming using the haas control.The basic programming is the same but the Doosan have other parameters that we don't know to use.
In the Fanuc control is it possible to compensate the taper? In the haas control its possible to make the taper correction from the offset pages using the (mayor diameter-minor diameter)/lenght. Does the Fanuc control have an option like this? In the Offset soft keys what is the "T" Value is used for?
Also, is it possible to make an manual tool offset without using the tool setter? For example, in the haas you can offset the "N" tool cutting the blank plus entering the diameter value.
Is it possible to make this in the fanuc control?

We almost bought an ST-30 instead the Lynx 300. It was a good option?

Best regards.

PD:Sorry for my bad English and if the principal idea is not well communicated

Doosan.jpg

I am not sure what you mean by compensating the taper. Are you getting taper over a length, lets say 3"? You compensate the taper in the program itself.

Yes you can manually touch off the tools by making a small cut and entering the values in the X or Z geometry offsets. Make a cut, mesure the diameter and enter it in the X offset column of the tool you are using and then hit the 'measure' soft key.

Hello forum

My name is Matias and I'm from Chile. I have a few years reading differents topics of this great forum but now it's my time to ask.

In our company we bought an 2012 Doosan Lynx 300 with, obviously, Fanuc control (Fanuc i series).Here in the company have four Haas machines (TL-1, TL-2, VF-3, VF-5XT) and we learnt the CNC programming using the haas control.The basic programming is the same but the Doosan have other parameters that we don't know to use.
In the Fanuc control is it possible to compensate the taper? In the haas control its possible to make the taper correction from the offset pages using the (mayor diameter-minor diameter)/lenght. Does the Fanuc control have an option like this? In the Offset soft keys what is the "T" Value is used for?
Also, is it possible to make an manual tool offset without using the tool setter? For example, in the haas you can offset the "N" tool cutting the blank plus entering the diameter value.
Is it possible to make this in the fanuc control?

We almost bought an ST-30 instead the Lynx 300. It was a good option?

Best regards.

PD:Sorry for my bad English and if the principal idea is not well communicated

View attachment 299277

Doosan Lynx is an excellent choice. I was the Training guy for Doosan for years. PM me, I'll send some wonderful training materials I wrote and used in the classes.

To answer your questions - yes you can manually offset the tools without using the Q setter. No, there is no "taper trim" adjustment in the offsets like a Cincinnati would have, you would have to manually edit the path to get any taper out.

"Editing it" = adding a "U" value in your Z move.
U being the INCR value of X.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Matias,

As others have said, you cannot correct a taper from the offset page like on a Haas. You have two options. Both require changing the program. You can program a turning move like this:

G01Z-1.U0.001

This will move the X axis up .001 while making the cut in the Z direction. To change the amount of taper, you must edit the program.

The other option is to use another offset to control the taper. The program would look something like this:

T0101

G01Z-1.T0121

Set your second offset to the same data as in the original offset, but offset the X up or down by the amount of taper you want to correct. This way, someone can adjust the taper through the offsets and not have to edit the program.

To answer your other question, the T value in the offsets is the same as Tip on the Haas offset page. This is for TNRC. A turning tool is 3, a boring bar is 2, etc.

I hope this is helpful. I don't have any experience with Doosan machines, but I hear they are very good. I think your machine will be more rigid and more reliable than the Haas you were considering.

I like to use a variable instead of a U in that line, then you dont have to have a operator or yourself editing the program to adjust it you can also get fancy and add an upper or lower limit to the variable to keep them from fat fingering the number and crashing the tool.

I am not sure what you mean by compensating the taper. Are you getting taper over a length, lets say 3"? You compensate the taper in the program itself.

Yes you can manually touch off the tools by making a small cut and entering the values in the X or Z geometry offsets. Make a cut, mesure the diameter and enter it in the X offset column of the tool you are using and then hit the 'measure' soft key.

Thanks for your reply. I tried to measure the tool manually but I don't get how insert the diameter value. The "measure" soft key is locked (green letters) as you can see in the attached image.

Regards

Offset.jpg

IDK how the "Measure" button werks either, but to "touch off" just make sure that you have hit RESET to make sure to clear any called offset, then go up and touch a known diameter. Go to the register and enter the value in the "U" field (U119.600) into your X offset. The subtract the value of the D that you touched off to.

So - say that you touched off on 20mm, you would then keep the X field highlighted, and then key in -20. and then hit the "+INPUT" button.
The +INPUT is used to adjust your offset an INCR amount from wherever it currently is.

To set Z, just touch off the next toy to a faced surface and then enter whatever the W value is when you are in the OFFSETS page.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Matias,

As others have said, you cannot correct a taper from the offset page like on a Haas. You have two options. Both require changing the program. You can program a turning move like this:

G01Z-1.U0.001

This will move the X axis up .001 while making the cut in the Z direction. To change the amount of taper, you must edit the program.

The other option is to use another offset to control the taper. The program would look something like this:

T0101

G01Z-1.T0121

Set your second offset to the same data as in the original offset, but offset the X up or down by the amount of taper you want to correct. This way, someone can adjust the taper through the offsets and not have to edit the program.

To answer your other question, the T value in the offsets is the same as Tip on the Haas offset page. This is for TNRC. A turning tool is 3, a boring bar is 2, etc.

I hope this is helpful. I don't have any experience with Doosan machines, but I hear they are very good. I think your machine will be more rigid and more reliable than the Haas you were considering.

I appreciate a lot your reply. I tried what you tell me and works perfectly. Thanks!

Also. Thanks to everyone in this thread.

Regards. Cheers from Chile

Thanks for your reply. I tried to measure the tool manually but I don't get how insert the diameter value. The "measure" soft key is locked (green letters) as you can see in the attached image.

Regards

View attachment 299557

If you were touching off to a diameter of 50 mm, I think you would type X50. and then hit the Measure button. You should see the X value change. Does this not work? You might need to be in Jog or Handle mode. If there is an Edit key switch, you might have to make sure that it is not locked.

Make sure you are in jog mode, then just type X50.0 if the diameter you just cut is measuring 50 mm and then hit the measure soft button. Now that X geometry number for offset 5 you have highlighted will change. That's all there is to it.

Back