What's new
What's new

New Hardinge XR1000

Renegade212

Plastic
Anyone get the scoop on Hardinges new XR1000 model? I have a 2018 V1000 and for the price I still cant figure out why anyone would entertain a Haas, Doosan or any other C-frame 4020 size machine. I know they switched from the Mitts M80 to the new Fanuc I series which is a bummer but thats just my opinion. I guess support could be better on the Fanuc? I still think these things are the best kept secret on the market for a 40x24 sized machine.....

Where are those manufactured at these days? Service?

The V1000 I have was Taiwanese built but the new ones are supposed to assembled in Elgin, IL. Gosiger sells, services them but ive had better luck going direct to Hardinge for applications issues.

I'll tell anyone that will listen, these machines are the real deal!!

What's the price of a new one? I'm looking to update my 97 vf2 and haas is not an option.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I know they switched from the Mitts M80 to the new Fanuc I series which is a bummer but thats just my opinion. I guess support could be better on the Fanuc?

They are available with Heidenhein control too, not just Fanuc.

They are available with Heidenhein control too, not just Fanuc.

In the UK and Europe the XR's were offered with Heidenhain,(for a number of years),

Not so sure about USA domestically.

One of their press releases munged together an old article about a UK firm (Sunderland) ordering a XR 1000 with Heidenhain control (top picture), and then shoved in a more recent picture at the bottom of the USA newer XR 1000 with the fanuc control.

Some of the folks I spoke to a number of years ago (Hardinge West coast) - very nice people, were expressing favor for Heidenhain on their bigger 5 axis machine offering but instead was finally engineered around Siemens.

For some sales networks Siemens control do cause some "Friction" or total resistance as resources have to be found to train people up on support and service on a Siemens based machine.

Back