What's new
What's new

New Iron today..............

david n

Diamond
Truck was supposed to show up tomorrow:willy_nilly:.....................but glad he showed today. We're suppose to get 3-6" of that white stuff and 30-40 MPH winds.:ack2:

50748458626_0c75fa0112_k.jpg

Gotta make room......................I actually didn't know it was going to be here today until the trucker called me from the end of the driveway. I needed to hustle and pull benches, shelving, drop power, and air lines. I'm kinda tired..........:Yawn:

50748558372_297731ebb1_k.jpg

And I measured and marked the floor twice...................:smoking:

50748458706_aaaa8c67cf_k.jpg

And I'll drag this out a bit.................don't worry.......I won't "Wrustle" it.................:crazy:

50747719773_bb3fb59a08_k.jpg

Congratulations...whatever it is! Nice looking shop, too! I’m still poking my guys about that quote from nearly a year ago, too, btw haha! Enjoy your new play thing!

Filling up the shop nicely! Are you able to keep the kids busy loading parts? My exciting new iron for this week in my personal shop was a decent used air compressor, not nearly as exciting as a new Doosan :D

Love the way it looks in there. I am in the middle of building a new shop right now and wonder how you like having the metal walls and ceiling? I am doing windows and doors right now before the spray foam guys come in and the echos are pretty impressive. Does it get pretty loud when all the machines are running?

Those shipping boxes make decent little sheds, gave mine to a buddy and he's getting good use out of it. If you just leave the 2 top side bolts of the end panel it hinges right up.

Congrats Dave!

My feet hurt just by looking at the bare concrete floors in front of the machines though.

Ollie's discount store has kick-ass 3x5 industrial mats for less than $30 each...

ToolCat Greg

Love the way it looks in there. I am in the middle of building a new shop right now and wonder how you like having the metal walls and ceiling? I am doing windows and doors right now before the spray foam guys come in and the echos are pretty impressive. Does it get pretty loud when all the machines are running?

Any empty building or room will echo.........................once ya fill it with stuff, it goes away.

Congrats Dave!

My feet hurt just by looking at the bare concrete floors in front of the machines though.

Ollie's discount store has kick-ass 3x5 industrial mats for less than $30 each...

ToolCat Greg

Catman..................ya think I'm that dumb?;).................No mats in that pic cuz we were makin' room for the new rig. That galley way had roller chests, small material racks, cabinets, work benches, and MATS. All were in the way.....................................

Thar she be.................................simple 2 axis Lynx. It will eventually replace the Haas. But for now the Haas stays:(. If 2021 is as busy as this year, the SL20 goes down the road and I'll be bringing in a twin spindle of some sort.

50749346346_9fb6f3e1c7_k.jpg

Getting crowded kinda..............this layout actually gave a me a bit more floor space. Still waitin' on the chip conveyor................no idea where that is?

50748604098_d6ef4106c9_k.jpg

50748604028_da309321d4_k.jpg

Congratulations! Excellent choice.
2 axis lathes rock and make money and the 2100L is a great choice. This one looks like it has the new Fanuc 0iT-Plus on it. You'll like it alot!

Congrats, same one I got, really accurate.
Although I'd have probably put the 2 doosans facing each other just to be able to feed both without walking around.

Nice machine! Is that the 2100LB or LC?

Wish they made them even longer. Would love to have a 2100LC with 30" of Z travel.

Bar feed?
Where on Earth are you gunna put THAT?

Starting to look like your old shop...

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yes the stainless boxes Doosan's come in are awesome....my rigger took mine while I was watching all the other stuff during the install :(. Didn't seem like it was worth the hassle of making them bring it back.

Also my chip conveyor was sent by a different shipper, in a box truck and brought to a different place like a week early. Was a total PITA to get it to my shop. Totally different chain of people than the machine itself. Kind of weird.

They think of everything over there at Doosan...........................open the door and this guy pops out......................these machines come standard with an operator!:D

50757158006_0f3ab7f3a1_k.jpg

"The Kids are Alright!"

My twin turret machine has a door like that. No kid, but it is on the outside of the machine, and that makes it almost impossible to reach in there and wipe the inside of the glass all down nice, so there has actually been a cpl of times that I hopped inside and pulled the door almost closed. With much care NOT to fully close it - b/c it will latch closed with the power off, and I really don't want to hop in there with the power on, so ...

I just made darn sure that I had my cell phone on me at the time!

-----------

The Kids are Alright!
Ox

Back