New Lathe Suggestions - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BROTHERFRANK View Post
    Where are you located in Canada? I will check with our USA Takisawa contacts tomorrow to see who can assist you. The two companies are different but related. The Taiwan machines are linear guide for the most part, and the FANUC controls are usually lower spec. The Japan machines are still built in Okayama with almost all box way, hand scraped construction. FANUC controls and motors tend to be latest models and higher end spec.. Also the Japan machines offer an extensive availability of gantry loader systems for nearly every model. I was in Okayama a year ago and saw the latest models being built. They were adding another factory on their property that was recently completed to increase capacity and efficiency.
    If anyone in Canada sells Takisawa Japan's machines they'd probably be in Ontario, probably way out of what I plan to spend though.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jerry_tung View Post
    The biggest machine tool company in China is probably Mazak, they are the earliest to open factories. Their salesmen are the slowest to respond because they are the big brother.
    I'm going to do a negatori on China Mazak ... five or six years ago had four Mazaks in Kunshan that came from the US. Two lathes and two mills. The shop moved over from Phoenix and screwed all their employees, wasn't that nice ? 23 guys out of work but anyway, Mazak China said we had to "register" all those machines before they would do any service or sell any parts -- at about $3,000 per machine. We declined, and shipped anything we needed from the US and did service ourselves.

I thought that was uncalled-for, and did not make me very happy with the China Division of Mazak.

(I know quite a few people around Skankhai running Haas, and they are pretty happy with them. Not going to say they are as good as Takisawa but maybe another option ? And they finance )

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Update:
    The quote for the Miyano BNC42 is 62k USD with 5in chuck and chip conveyor. (6000rpm 5.5kw and hydraulic turret with milling)
    The quote for the Doosan Lynx is 44k USD with 6in chuck and tail stock.(6000rpm 11kw and servo turret)
    Other than the name, I wonder what that Miyano really offers over the doosan?
    The newer lynx 2100's look quite nice from the specs anyway and seem to be a lot of bang for the $ vs pretty much everything else on the market.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    Sometime I swear these are posted by 2outof3 lol.

Maybe check out MAZAK Primos line.

They are smaller lathes but very very precise, and they are about $60K.

They are made in Singapore, Control is Mazak FZ (CNC) based on Fanuc Oi (they claim "Unsurpassed ease of operation" ;-).

(I think a lot of the time for smaller turned parts that higher tolerances are called for. (Not 100% on thermal compensation but is consistent with other MAZAK machines I would think)... Key thing about the Primos is small footprint, (lower-ish power consumption) and has really decent options for automation.

Surprisingly accurate single part accuracy "Claimed" "High accuracy Roundness" 0.11 Micron, Surface finish Ra 0.058 micron, Rz 0.389 micron. [Depending on shop environment not sure how part to part accuracy stacks up over the course of the day with the Primos?].

QUICK TURN PRIMOS 15 S (Singapore)

QUICK TURN PRIMOS 1 S (Singapore)

QUICK TURN PRIMOS 5 S (Singapore)

Mazak QUICK TURN PRIMOS - YouTube

^^^This explains it better than I can.

They only weigh about 4000 lbs (in some cases so you could move them about your shop to create a small cell with your Brother Speedio with Yukiwa 5 ax rotary or whatever you need in the future). I.e. very flexible.

QUICK TURN PRIMOS 1 S+Quick Loader - YouTube
    ^^^This is kinda cute with overhead part loader.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

The ones in Singapore can be special ordered into the USA But otherwise this (Primos 100) IS offered in the USA QT-PRIMOS 1
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________

Don't know if the Brother M140X2 is of any interest to you, given that you allready have a NLX2000SY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8r-qh2VZfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0co5i3B0Eo

Does Dennis/Dtsryr have one of these? (I don't remember exactly, there was talk of presenting results maybe, or maybe I hallucinated that lol).Was wondering how he was getting on with it, I assume good. Was vaguely interested in the kinds of tolerances that the turning operations could theoretically and practically deliver.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________

Didn't know the Miyano was so reasonably priced?

Just to throw gasoline on the fire here... Mori NLX2000SY is about $200K+ depending on options, and not sure what a Speedio s700 works out at (not sure if that is second hand or new) + Yukiwa 5 axis unit. All really nice equipment. A MAZAK integrex J -200 or I-200 $250-$300K (with Sim 5 axis capability) for the latter and 60" between centers (if you need it), is also about the same price (with very advanced and easy to use control) Mitsubishi on back side. Maybe not so well suited to simpler parts at a higher production rates (maybe), but maybe more suitable for more complex parts. Which of course if you don't need or want sim-5axis capability then maybe MX140X2 is worth a serious look (given that you already bought the NLX2000SY ? Two axis lathes depends IMO if you need high tolerance work/ turning as IMO simple two axis lathes can be more accurate than the equivalent "blinged" out Y axis turret with driven tools, but the Mazak lathes and integrex can be very accurate for their "class" of machine.
    Hi Anyidead the basic cost to mx140x2, it looks fine but more suggestion compare to mx140x2 - the sim-5axis as you mentioned.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why not another NLX ? Are the lead times too long on those too ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He can buy 2-3 lynx for 1 nlx 2axis.

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SND: It will last 2-3 times as long too
    I just think it will be a benefit to have only one brand on lathe and control in the shop. Also i would get live tooling on the second one too. Who knows what will come in the door next time. With only 2 lathes in the shop: Unless you have an order that will pay off the whole lathe I see no reason to not have live tooling on both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Look at Doosans Korean competitor, Hwacheon. You could do a NL Clone in the Hi tech 230, (box way, sub, Y) for significantly less then the Mori...or go with the Cutex line for 2 axis rail and sub or plain 2 axis. They are really solid machines, they haven't had the success in the US of Doosan but they are every bit as good. Fanuc controls, and really nice build quality. That all depends on if you have support in your area.

I have a 230 YSMC machine, I'm happy with it.

9. Likes SND liked this post
    Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMoss View Post
    I'm going to do a negatori on China Mazak ... five or six years ago had four Mazaks in Kunshan that came from the US. Two lathes and two mills. The shop moved over from Phoenix and screwed all their employees, wasn't that nice ? 23 guys out of work but anyway, Mazak China said we had to "register" all those machines before they would do any service or sell any parts -- at about $3,000 per machine. We declined, and shipped anything we needed from the US and did service ourselves.

I thought that was uncalled-for, and did not make me very happy with the China Division of Mazak.

(I know quite a few people around Skankhai running Haas, and they are pretty happy with them. Not going to say they are as good as Takisawa but maybe another option ? And they finance )
    That was unfortunate. I have a friend who works at Hodge Suzhou and they had 12 Mori NH4000 shipped from Pennsylvania and they have been given good service from DMG MORI China. I’m not gonna go with Mazak at this point so not too worried.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SND View Post
    Other than the name, I wonder what that Miyano really offers over the doosan?
    The newer lynx 2100's look quite nice from the specs anyway and seem to be a lot of bang for the $ vs pretty much everything else on the market.
    The Miyano is boxway construction and has milling capability. The Lynx can be oped for milling but lead time is 120 days plus the Lynx Mill machine is as expensive as the Miyano. Miyano consumes less floor space and less power, good for small parts.

12. Likes SND liked this post
    Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Panza View Post
    SND: It will last 2-3 times as long too
    I just think it will be a benefit to have only one brand on lathe and control in the shop. Also i would get live tooling on the second one too. Who knows what will come in the door next time. With only 2 lathes in the shop: Unless you have an order that will pay off the whole lathe I see no reason to not have live tooling on both.
    Another NLX would be over kill for this project and a lot more money and lead time.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by XD341 View Post
    Look at Doosans Korean competitor, Hwacheon. You could do a NL Clone in the Hi tech 230, (box way, sub, Y) for significantly less then the Mori...or go with the Cutex line for 2 axis rail and sub or plain 2 axis. They are really solid machines, they haven't had the success in the US of Doosan but they are every bit as good. Fanuc controls, and really nice build quality. That all depends on if you have support in your area.

I have a 230 YSMC machine, I'm happy with it.
    Never heard of it so service might be an issue. I would like to stay with major brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Never heard of it so service might be an issue. I would like to stay with major brands.
    Yeah service is key. Do some research on Hwacheon, it's fair to say they aren't as well known but they are a serious machine tool builder. They have an enormous line of machines and like many major Korean industrials, machine tools is just one of the things they do. They are a major supplier to the automotive market.

I think it's accurate to say that they are the best least known MTB in the turning market. The Hi-tech 230 is anew machine that is very similar to the NL lathes from Mori.

16. Likes eaglemike liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm biased as I work for Doosan, but the Lynx is a real bargain and a great machine. Worth the wait.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe you! I have a friend has almost Doosan only and he's making a bank doing oil gas parts. I may get one Lynx for the die cast part only.

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

198396104925421979.jpg310675545201129011.jpg99671681780998011.jpg
    New machine is in the shop.
    Miyano BNC42
    Milling fuction
    W/o chuck
    W/o chip conveyor
    High pressure coolant
    8(24) Tool stations
    6k rpm spindle
    Fanuc OiTD
    Assembled in China.
    59k USD with tax
    LNS chip conveyor is 3k (made in my city lol)
    Chose this machine because it had 0 day lead time and has milling function so I can take a lot of small work off of the Mori. Capable of 2axis turning so when die casting job is busy this machine would be turning all day long. I may consider a sub spindle Miyano BNA with bar feeder if this machine runs well.
    Thanks for all the suggestions! If you have any questions regarding this purchase, I would be very happy to answer.

20. Likes SND, eaglemike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a nice really compact machine, and sure seems like a really good price for a miyano. Is it made in Japan or ?

Country
    CHINA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I believe the casting is made in China. Most parts are made in Japan and machine is assembled in China. I plan to pay a visit to Citizen factory both on the Chinese side and Japanese side and will update on this thread.

23. Likes SND liked this post