What's new
What's new

New Machine Day Brother

Congrats! You're going to love it. :)
My Brother machines have changed my business in a very positive way. I hope you have the same experience!
Be sure to update the thread after you've run a couple of jobs. I'm running a couple of the "lowly" 450 machines (as well as a 500 and 700). These rotating table machines are very cool, easy to load, easy to keep running. Someone else on here posted "it's like a license to print money."

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about your machine and how it goes for you. Would you mind sharing some of the options you decided to purchase and what type of work made you select the 650 over other options?

Someday I hope my product lines to get to the point where I can park my son in front of a 650 and let it run. Course I have been encouraging his love of robots...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about your machine and how it goes for you. Would you mind sharing some of the options you decided to purchase and what type of work made you select the 650 over other options?

Someday I hope my product lines to get to the point where I can park my son in front of a 650 and let it run. Course I have been encouraging his love of robots...

We are a typical job-shop. However we have a handful of items that we run around 500 of each every month. (5 part family) These parts, like 90% of our parts are aluminum. We added a Midaco pallet changer to one of our VMC's about three years ago and that took our production to the next level. This product line has steadily grown over the last ten years and we were at our tipping point in being able to keep up.

I always have done my due diligence in researching new machine purchases. The Brother stood out in speed,travel,energy efficiency & price. Yamazen brings this particular model in with 16K spindle & TSC coolant prep. I looked at several of the pallet changing 30 taper & 40 taper machines before making my decision.

One of the big differences among the 30 taper pallet changing machines is the min. spindle to table height. All of the other manufacturers offer either a "standard column height" or "extended column height". The Brother R650X1 is 9.8"!!! So, we will be building a 5" riser sub-table for our fixtures. (I know it is easier for Brother to just offer 1 column height, but the sub-table is an expense that has to be considered)

Hope this helps
More to come.....

Back