What's new
What's new

Nakamura wt150 noob needs setting help

Spoony

Plastic
Hi guys, I have a 2005 nakamura wt150 that I need help with. I have read the manuals and I still dont understand how the sub spindle knows where it is ( work shift datum ? ) in relation to the main spindle for picking off parts and also for machining 2nd op on the sub. Please help đź‘Ť

When the b axis is at home that is B0. Jogging it towards the left spindle is b-. What I do is complete the left spindle operation then jog the b axis to where you want to clamp on the part, put the b axis position in your program. Then G28B0. To send it home. There is no incremental mode on the b axis. Set G54 on both turrets to the left side and G55 both turrets on the right side. Z- is always towards the left on both turrets

There is no incremental mode on the b axis.

I use #5044 (Current B position) for incremental moves. B[#5044+0.010] will move the B axis 0.010 towards home and B[#5044-0.010] will move it 0.010 towards the left spindle. One of our WTs has a chuck on the B spindle and when I'm parting off a part the chuck pressure pushes the part into the part-off tool so I add a B[#5044+0.010] to move the B 0.010 to the right first and relieve the pressure.

Back