What's new
What's new

New machine day...OKUMA GENOS L300E-MY

alzen

Plastic
Hi,

today we had a new machine day at APZ here in Luxembourg. We got a new, well nearly new (only 460h), Okuma Genos L300E-MY.

GenosL300_1.jpg

But as always, space is a limited value and therefore something else had to go. We were able do make a deal with the seller of the Genos and he bought our old Okuma MacTurn 30-W, a machine with all bells and wistles, but that we didn't really used anymore since we have our new Okuma Multus and the operator from the MacTurn also retired.
MacTurn_1.jpg
The epoxy floor is great, however it's not so great if the machines were already there before the epoxy came... We had to use the forklift to pull the MacTurn out of the hole.
MacTurn_2.jpg
MacTurn_3.jpg

In total, we had to move today 4 Okumas to make enough space, more pictures will follow

Alain

To make enough space and to improve work flow and productivity we had to move in total 4 Okumas and a semi-automatic bandsaw.
Left to the MacTurn we had an LB300M and an LB15 facing each other. We decided to move the LB15 to an other location and put the LB300 in the spot of the MacTurn. The LB300M was still in production at that moment and needed to run until more or less the last minute.
LB300_LB15_1.jpg

The trailer with the new Genos was running late, so we already moved the LB15 out of the building and parked it next to the MacTurn waiting for the truck to finally arrive.

LB15_MacTurn_1.jpg

Unloading of the Genos went great and we moved the machine directly inside of the buiding with some resulting chaos...

GenosL300_2.jpgChaos.jpg

With the nrew machine inside, we continued with the machines still sitting in our parking lot.
The LB15 had to go to the backside of our building and to make this move easier and cheaper, we used the same truck and crane.

LB15_MacTurn_2.jpg

Space on the backside was a bit difficult for a big crane and truck. To put the LB15 in the desired spot, the crane had to fly her over our roof. Apparently I was busy and had no time to take a picture of the result.
LB15_1.jpgLB15_2.jpg

Continuing with the LB300M, production was finally done and we moved the machine in its new place and reconnected electricity. The leveling and cleaning will be done tomorrow

LB300_1.jpg

Last step for today was finally moving the new machine in her new place and connect electricity.

GenosL300_3.jpg

Together with the machine I bought a Barfeeder that will also be installed in the next days.
GenosL300_4.jpg

Man as a okuma lover [emoji3059][emoji3059]

I dream about a macturn one day

I got a old lb15 aswell.

Great machine
Sendt fra min EML-L29 med Tapatalk

Today we finished the cleaning and the leveling of the LB300M and filled it with new coolant and tomorrow we want to restart production.
The installation and leveling of the new Genos was also finished and we filled it with the cleaning solution for the blaser coolant to avoid any problems in the future.
GenosL300_5.jpgGenosL300_6.jpgGenosL300_7.jpg

@Nikolai:
We've got 2 LB15 in total, the "new" one that we had to move from I think 1991 and the old one from 1983. The old one was the first CNC that the company got and it's still running strong :)
The MacTurn is a nice machine, however the model that we had was one of the firsts of the first generation build by Okuma and while the concept itself was really great, there were some "designfeatures" that were not so very great, on the machine itself and in the software. No idea how the later MacTurn Models are performing.

Back