What's new
What's new

New machine day! warning: haas content

empower

Titanium
the perfect christmas present! our UMC500SS got delivered today, it'll complement our 2 TL1's, 1 VF2, 1 VF3, Matsuura LX160 and Yama Seiki GLS2000LYS. will use it mostly for positional work so should do fine. really curious to see how/if the 500 is any better than the 750's.

80647841_10157706917167356_63517085929570304_n.jpg80499395_10157706917097356_5277976840655339520_n.jpg79655563_10157706916967356_1957628462676049920_n.jpg

Through spindle coolant, 50 tool atc, coolant refill and cabinet cooler.

Congrats, Christmas has come early,

Machine looks surprisingly compact , good to see people in the shot for "Scale" even if the rigger looks like he is 7ft tall.

the perfect christmas present! our UMC500SS got delivered today, it'll complement our 2 TL1's, 1 VF2, 1 VF3, Matsuura LX160 and Yama Seiki GLS2000LYS. will use it mostly for positional work so should do fine. really curious to see how/if the 500 is any better than the 750's.

/QUOTE]

Congrats!!!! If you have any questions feel free to PM me here. I ran a UMC750 for a few years.... Pretty sure they changed the design a bit, but I am available to talk/help if needed. :)

It is very compact! They aren't lying when they say the footprint is just a tad bigger than Vf2. Rigger is about 5'9"

That is sweet machine. I'm excited to see how they perform, because this might be the best bang for the buck 5 axis thing out there, by a long shot.

We are just starting some test cuts on a new umc1000 ss we are having troubles with simultaneous 5 axis cuts the c axis is slow as hell we are using a post from postability it isn’t using inverse feed the machine rapids to clearance plane then switches to 600 ipm feed to top of stock. Tcpc doesn’t work right. And the post cost 5 k we were told this post was highly developed and everyone was using this post on the umc machines.
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are just starting some test cuts on a new umc1000 ss we are having troubles with simultaneous 5 axis cuts the c axis is slow as hell we are using a post from postability it isn’t using inverse feed the machine rapids to clearance plane then switches to 600 ipm feed to top of stock. Tcpc doesn’t work right. And the post cost 5 k we were told this post was highly developed and everyone was using this post on the umc machines.
Don

You need to contact your re-seller about the post issue, and Haas about the TCPC and DWO. The older UMC750 those items both worked fine, and my post from postability (with full machine sim) was very good. The C axis is a little slow, but it ran fine for what I did, not slow to the point of unacceptable surface finishes anyways.

You need to contact your re-seller about the post issue, and Haas about the TCPC and DWO. The older UMC750 those items both worked fine, and my post from postability (with full machine sim) was very good. The C axis is a little slow, but it ran fine for what I did, not slow to the point of unacceptable surface finishes anyways.

The holidays got me screwed and the weekend. If I adjust setting 179 I think it sets the size of the part for the rotary that helps the swarf tool paths it was set to 10 inches I set it to 1 inch that makes it look normal moving. I’m going to try today to get ahold of haas and mastercam today
Thanks Don

The holidays got me screwed and the weekend. If I adjust setting 179 I think it sets the size of the part for the rotary that helps the swarf tool paths it was set to 10 inches I set it to 1 inch that makes it look normal moving. I’m going to try today to get ahold of haas and mastercam today
Thanks Don

keep us updated!

Back