What's new
What's new

New machine toy!

Mtndew

Diamond
Got a new Tsudakoma 3+2 for our Okuma Genos installed!
Now just waiting on the post so I can do more than just stare at it. :D

TWA-160

20170630_151821.jpg

hy :) maybe you will consider / allready have :
... a fast load / unload system, working smooth
... teflon pads between rota_table & main_table so to avoid scratches
... minimizing main table unbalance

Awesome combo!
Just curious why only a 3+2? Limitation of the genos line?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Awesome combo!

I'm guessing that with his already 3 that 6 would be plenty enough. But that's a good question, what are the max controlled axis on that Okuma?

I'm guessing that with his already 3 that 6 would be plenty enough. But that's a good question, what are the max controlled axis on that Okuma?

if the rotary axis has same servos as the mill, than is all ok :)

what else do you wish besides a 3+2 ?

are you refering to a double rotary rable ?

... it may be possible 3+3 :) depends what 3+3 means ...

Last edited:
Awesome combo!

For full simultaneous 5 axis machining, I would need a 5 axis machine.
Technically this gives me 5 axis machining, but not all 5 can move at the same time. (At least that's what I have been told).

I like it a lot!
If I may ask... what type of parts are you using it for? New or is it already something you make and this makes it easier with less setups?

I am not too sure if I am wrong but I heard a while ago that to buy a new full 5 axis or more they research a bit to see what parts you make. I'm guessing it has something to do with making sure that no parts would be for nuclear or armament parts. I remember seeing a sticker on a 30+ year old Fanuc control that had a warning along those lines. Something about not sold to produce weapons. Sorry for pushing the thread a bit off topic.

For full simultaneous 5 axis machining, I would need a 5 axis machine.
Technically this gives me 5 axis machining, but not all 5 can move at the same time. (At least that's what I have been told).

I can't speak to your brands of machine and rotary, but I ran a Robodrill with a Nikken that we did full 5 axis with.

making sure that no parts would be for nuclear or armament

nobody stops anyone for crafting such parts

newer cncs are capable of delivering accuracy to craft nasty things

Okuma simply requires dealer intervention to relocate a cnc, thus if you do it on your own, than machine wont start in the new position :)

if a cnc does not have this kind of gps, it must display, at least, a warning :)

they research a bit to see what parts you make

they who ? such things are done in background, nobody will enter the shop door to check this, unless they are disperate

cnc producer does not care if you buy an expensive cnc and get banckrupt, but it will share buyers list / location, if asked by officials :)

I like it a lot!
If I may ask... what type of parts are you using it for? New or is it already something you make and this makes it easier with less setups?
Both actually.
Holes at an angle that we currently do on a bridgeport, etc.
And repeat jobs that we do, we can run on this thing to reduce the number of setups.

So it isn't just a positioner, and you also can't run full 5. Can you run full 4? I don't get why you couldn't run full 5, unless it's a Msoftware thing. You have enough memory, and the control recognizes A and B? What gives? Sweet nonetheless!!!

Just curious man, R

So it isn't just a positioner, and you also can't run full 5. Can you run full 4? I don't get why you couldn't run full 5, unless it's a Msoftware thing. You have enough memory, and the control recognizes A and B? What gives? Sweet nonetheless!!!

Just curious man, R

I have no idea. 5 axis is 100% new to me. 3 and 4 axis I can do all day long blindfolded.
Even a Mastercam training video (from some user) that I saw online said that 3+2 can't do certain things such as tool tilting angles.
Not that we need it, or even have that type of work, but my reseller said that 99% of his 5axis customers don't have a 5 axis machine, they use a 3+2 table like this one.+

In this video at the 44:37 mark it's explained.
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding him.
Mastercam Multi axis for the 3 axis Customer Webinar - YouTube

Maybe it's the difference between manufacturers of the 4th/5th table, but our our 560v's do full simultaneous 5-axis machining with Nikken tables. Even still, it's pretty rare to have a need for it unless you're cutting turbine blades and whatnot.

Maybe it's the difference between manufacturers of the 4th/5th table, but our our 560v's do full simultaneous 5-axis machining with Nikken tables. Even still, it's pretty rare to have a need for it unless you're cutting turbine blades and whatnot.

Thanks, that's what I needed to hear lol.
Koma and Nikken are top of the line tables, so I'm pretty sure this table can do what the Nikken does.
For a $43,000 table, it better :D

I have no idea. 5 axis is 100% new to me. 3 and 4 axis I can do all day long blindfolded.
Even a Mastercam training video (from some user) that I saw online said that 3+2 can't do certain things such as tool tilting angles.
Not that we need it, or even have that type of work, but my reseller said that 99% of his 5axis customers don't have a 5 axis machine, they use a 3+2 table like this one.+

In this video at the 44:37 mark it's explained.
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding him.
Mastercam Multi axis for the 3 axis Customer Webinar - YouTube

I'm certain I know even less than you about 5 (3 on the table 2 in the column, 2 on the table 3 in the column, 4 table 1 column??? :eek:), I was just curious, Thanks. Cool toy, looks tough too.

R

Very nice table!

Usually 3+2 machines will allow you to do Simultaneous 4 axis. 90% of 5 axis machining is just Positioning in 5 different axis to reach what your trying to do.
Yeah, any type blade or swarf type machining usually requires 5 simultaneous.
I believe your gonna love that thing!
You get to learn all about pivot lengths and euler angles YAY lol

The genos m560v I bought was a demo and had a nikken 5ax table on it. It could do full 5ax simultaneous, but it didn't have call oo88 or tool center point control. They might be able to add those options IDK. I didn't buy the table though, but I did get the drives for free. :)

You can still program full 5ax but you have to program with the intersection of the b and c axes as your zero point.

Back