What's new
What's new

Hermle 3 Axis

gkoenig

Titanium
So, the thread on 5 Axis machines got me Googling Hermle... I've been sorta looking for a 3 axis machine for prototyping and very short production run stuff, leaning towards a Robodrill or Brother.

Low and behold, a semi-local C600 V is for sale, kinda within my machine budget. Looks super clean, can be inspected under power. I can find *nothing* about the C600; apparently they went out and re-named their product line or something, or ditched the C600?

Would this be a totally stupid thing to buy? I've yet to read a single bad word about Hermle machines.

We saw some of those machines on our trip. One was 20 years old and still ripping away on some tough steel parts. I could get you in touch with the guys at Hermle USA if you want. But yeah I would go look at it for sure.

They renamed. Details have changed, controls updated etc. But the basic idea and machine structure is the same, and it's good stuff.

They don't still make the 3 axis though right? Pretty sure they don't but you never know....

Reading their current machine literature, it appears you can configure them (at least the C40) with a basic table in place of the trunnion.

Of course, just like buying a Porsche without ticking the correct options boxes, the table equipped machines still have the cutouts in the frame with knockout covers for where the trunnion attaches, constantly reminding you that for only 50% more, you could have had something wicked super fucking cool awesomer!

Back