What's new
What's new

New(to me) Brother...............S500X1

david n

Diamond
Truck is here..............................(ignore that silly Haas)

50999110389_02be5276f2_k.jpg

Told the kids that they got a new brother today..................they didn't really like the dad joke.

51015313925_6267d407ee_k.jpg

51015313940_8817368283_k.jpg

50999573869_f55f9da1bf_k.jpg

I like the shot from the rear. Notice the broad span of the Z-axis column mount (providing nifty access to the Y-axis workings), and the brawny, solid one-piece frame. Very nice!

ToolCat

Verrrry nice </borat>

Keep the rapids a notch down from max until you prove your programs out... and keep some spare underwear nearby for times when you forget. Things happen *really fast* in a Speedio.

Also make liberal use of the tool check macros. One broken drill or tap can turn into a whole turret of broken tools super fast, and the time it takes to check after each tool is done is approximately nothing.

What is that cable going from the back wall to the Z?

Looks like it just came out of a showroom! Congrats Dave! I see a Blum wireless probe decal on the front of the machine. That device is possibly the Blum receiver if it was included.

When you were talkin about parts that worked well in a Haas mini mill I was wondering when the Brother was showing up.

I was going to ask the guy who bought my mini mill if he'd sell it back to me or I was looking to pick up a used unit. I still have all the programs and fixturing for a mini.............it would have been a quick set up and go I guess. But when this one from Comatose came up for sale, it was a no brainer.

I'm really looking forward to getting it tooled up and making chips. I need to make a run for some odds and ends electrical supplies so I can get some juice to 'er. Hopefully it will come life tomorrow and I can start to play with it.

Last edited:
I was going to ask the guy who bought my mini mill if he'd sell it back to me or I was looking to pick up a used unit. I still have all the programs and fixturing for a mini.............it would have been a quick set up and go I guess. But when this one from Comatose came up for sale, it was a no brainer.

I'm really looking forward to getting it tooled up and making chips. I need to make a run for some odds and ends electrical supplies so I can get some juice to 'er. Hopefully it will come life tomorrow and I can start to play with it.

Congrats and post some pics once you get it cutting...

We need updates! At least for the important things. Like does the speedio have it's own pink chip bin yet?

Back