New (to me) Machine Day- Hurco VM20 - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    In my (albeit limited) experience, Hurcos are TERRIBLE for chip management. After cleaning out my conveyor Friday and looking at your pictures... I'm afraid I'll have to pull the covers when I recommission my VM10i at the new shop in a few weeks.

If you think a Hurco rapids fast I've got some videos of my Speedio programs that will make you shit your pants LOL.

If you need any help at all please don't hesitate to reach out. I trash talk Hurcos all the time but they are quite capable of making us a lot of money. And at least they aren't a Haas.
    Chip management and coolant configuration is definitely a weak point of Hurcos. The coolant tank/pump configuration/chip removal on our VMX64 is truly terrible. But it is a solid machine otherwise. Our DCX32 is much better in that regard.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanx for the replies guys, I psyched on this machine but my newbie-ness has nothing to compare to

I did see a serial plate that had 2012 year of mfg but I will ask the previous owner when or if he ever pulled the covers last. I guess it’s just me but I always like to pull things apart on used equipment before putting into service for my own curiosity.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We are building a new website lol so we are working on it, but yeah many Kitamura's have our lubrication parts. I work for Lube USA in the Northeast