What's new
What's new

new to me matsuura mc800v and high speed machining

tradin1

Plastic
hello all. i just got a new to me matsuura mc800v with a 4/5 axis table. it has a fanuc 15-ma controller. it is a lot of machine for me as i have been using a shinzouka an-s with a centroid Ai1dc and touch screen (read i know very little mdi programing).

i have installed a dnc box and have been doing progressively more intricate test parts. last night i made a center point rectangle that i extruded. then i extruded a sphere in the middle to test the 3d machining. i loaded the program on the dnc, switched to tape and hit CS.

the tool changed, the spindle started then i got the "PS010 IMPROPER G-CODE" alarm. i posted the nc file and my pp on the F360 forums and they said it is most likely the "G5.1 Q1" high speed machining is not turned on. so i first called fanuc who told me they are not allowed to turn options on machines they did not sell new and instructed me to call matsuura.

when i called matsuura they told me they would happily give me every option at no cost due to the fact that the machine is so old but they did not have the parameter settings to enable HSM anymore and asked me to call fanuc!!!

can anyone help me figure out how to enable HSM and any other available and practical options on this machine/controller?

i tried to attach the nc file and my pp but it said they were invalid file types.

thx

Attachments

• image0 (1).jpg
    image0 (1).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6011.jpg
    IMG_6011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 36

Back