What's new
What's new

New Mikron XT-ONE 5 axis

Anthony Cerrito

Aluminum
Check out this New Mikron XT-ONE machine. It is a production Center w/ Chip to chip of .9 sec. Globetec International, Mikron XT-ONE National Tech Center in Chicago, Has two on their showroom floor.Seems impressive

Mikron ONE :: Mikron ....Check out the link and watch the video. Give me your thoughts on what you see and maybe what you think of this machine and where it might stand against its competitors

Sooooo how much is the one at the Tech Center?

Odd or intriguing work piece swap between left and right 5 axis rotaries? Not totally "getting" the efficiency there.

Edit: This machine is weirder than it initially looks, the video is deceptive, going through some of the stills/quasi exploded views and 3/4 views of the machine things make more sense but get weirder... (will dig through).

Kinda interesting that the two spindles can be configured differently one at 15K and the other at 40K (makes sense/quite clever for roughing/higher torque versus higher rpm (lower torque) for finishing). The machine seems to have a lot more going on than just two 5 axis robodrils or (milltaps) smashed together.

Here's the brochure...

http://www.mikron.com/fileadmin/cus...p/MIKRON_-_Mikron_XT-one_-_ENG_-_A4_-_WEB.pdf

Interesting there is a "one Spindle" option of the same machine :willy_nilly:

Here's the youtube link to the video...

MIKRON - XT-one - Product movie - YouTube

That should work; (no affiliation)

My feeble business model would be to secure a good larger work cube really precise 5 axis machine and then as production / demand increases start to progressively add 5 axis robodrills until you have a small army of them headed up by the super precise larger work volume machine and divide the "work" accordingly. Mikron (I guess) in this case are saying nooooooo... Buy one of these instead and add up to four units working contiguously side by side, where they claim the efficiencies gained by a single twin spindle concept machine is that you save 2000 hours a year = $120K = (coincidentally) the same price of a 5 axis robodrill?

I think that's their "value proposition" + being more precise and accurate than a Robodrill? [I'm pretty sure the whole "rig" is prohibitively expensive...]

I saw this, definitely wouldnt trade the HSM400 for that stupid pallet changer.

Also, if you're going to put two spindles on a machine, you might as well do it right.

(sorry dstryr, for reminding you again how stupid buying that grob was.. again, this thing exists, and with up to 5 spindles. such a huge mistake)

I saw this, ...

Also, if you're going to put two spindles on a machine, you might as well do it right.

Does the Siemens control speak Schwabian ?

Swabian German - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That double trunion flip is unexpected if you don't know those machines ... (Kind of fun punch line to the video). [I don't even know what you call that machine layout or even the axis on the "flip"... A U? W? ??? "Double Drum Architecture??" (No idea...)]. Beautiful machine though.

SW Imagefilm Deutsch - YouTube

This video from them is really fun and pretty mindblowing and you can see the machine's complete construction and layout... [Pretty magic if that's what you are into... :-) ]

So glad my login finally worked for this website. Yeah I have seen those double spindle machines. First saw this style out of Ugint a few years back. Really nice machines but they were slow down was in down time on switching parts out and keeping tolerance between the two stations consistent w out being a pain in the butt.Also not good w/very complex parts...that was with Ugint machine though, I have never seen this machine.

Pretty awesome none the less. Technologies are mind blowing. It is crazy to see how low price per part can go w/ running a machine like this or the Mikron. Put a robot loading assist w one of these machines and make $$$$$$$$$.

Anyone know how much the Waltpremiere BA W02 cost?

Back