What's new
What's new

new operator need to be sure of dnc parameters

DarrylM

Plastic
I'm working on an older Kasuga Quantum VMC with Fanuc 18 controller. Working toward using Dnc4U and Fusion360 for more complex parts. I have the Dnc4U communicating with the Fanuc controller, programs send to the machine just fine, but punch back as a single line without any LF/CR formatting.

I downloaded the Fanuc Parameter Manual, and looking at the parameter explanations, it appears that I may have some inconsistency in the ISO vs EIA character set and parity/stop bit parameters.

I want to be sure that I'm not messing with any parameter that effects the function of the machine, that these are communications protocol only.

I have a cable with line 4-5 looped together and line 6-8-20 looped together.

Post the parameters you are using on both DNC4U and the control. Then folks here can compare what you have. You can ignore the EIA character set, you will be using ISO.

If control parameter 100 bit 3 is set to 1 that is why your output is all one line. Change it to 0 and you should get line feed and carriage returns. Alternatively, there is a change you cold make in DNC4U to break the lines with if you want to keep parameter 100 bit 3 as currently set.

I reviewed the machine parameter settings again and saw that it was set to recieve ISO and to punch EIA. Changed parameter 0000 bit 1 to 1 to punch ISO, and changed Dnc4U setting to ISO and punched back a program with good formatting.

Back