What's new
What's new

new to running doosan puma mx3100

bradcoyle

Plastic
I am looking for a little help to threadmill on a Doosan mx3100 mill/turn. I am doing a 5 hole bolt pattern with 1-1/4"-7 threads. I have threadmilled on both vertical and horizontal mills for years, but this mill/turn is a completely different machine to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Alarms? Out of position? Just don't know where to start?

I am not sure where to start. I am still learning how to use c axis and not sure if I can program in x-y-z like I normally do on a mill. I haven't had any training on this machine and I am learning as I go.

Yes, you can program using XYZ like in a mill if your Y travel allows it. You don't have nearly as much as you do on a mill, but then you can use the C-axis to overcome some of that. You really only need to use Y if you're doing work that's off center. If your bolt pattern is radial then you just position once with X and Z and use C to drill a hole at every rotation.

We have an MX2100 I've just finished fixing up a post for so let me know if you have code specific questions. The biggest thing I ran into jumping into the millturn world was all the interlocks and codes to switch between milling and turning. They can pile up and get confusing if you're not used to them.

Thank you. I really appreciate the help. I've been running this machine for a few months now and I'm amazed at what a millturn can do. It's been quite a learning curve. I will for sure get ahold of you with any further questions.

Back