What's new
What's new

New shop...just some pics of progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwfullcup

Cast Iron
20131101_153545.jpg

day 1 of taking posession of the building.

put deposits down on 2 pieces of equipment and this weekend will run electrical and air lines, move desks, computer equipment etc...

vwfullcup, you must not have read the fine print when signing up for posting on the forum...you CANNOT post teaser things like this without photos:D:D:D.

Steve

Okuma Genos m560-v and an Okuma Genos L250, robotic tig welding, tumblers, cold and bandsaws, possibly mandrel tube bender and a faro arm quite possibly before the end of the year.
southwest part of the usa :)

will be ordering tooling on monday with a budget of $30,000...going to be an interesting next week. still looking for what type of rotary screw compressor to buy.

vwfullcup...where in the SW? We could be neighbors. What kind of work are you doing?

I do have a spare 15HP Boge (German built) screw compressor, about 5,000 hours I believe (without powering it up, I'm not sure, but it's twin brother that was sequenced to it had that many hours when I plugged it in for a backup) if you are so inclined.

Chandler, AZ :cheers:

I do appreciate the offer on the compressor, however this go around im buying everything brand new. I have a very large budget I HAVE to spend to reduce what the IRS will collect for 2013. Want refund this year not wanting to pay $200,000+

primarily will be doing high end automotive work, Ferrari, Porche, Audi, etc...

The company I normally used in the past for tooling is acting a little shady, I called and gave a heads up about my 30k budget and wanted to set a time for a face to face meeting. She acted like she didnt want the business? Almost as if the $ was too high... like it was too much work or something.

Keep the pictures coming. It's always cool to watch shops get started, and see how people prefer to set up workspaces.

And did you win the lottery or something? That is a lot of Capitol!

friend/investor/partner sold a business for $1.3 million and needs to invest to zero out his IRS "bill" so my budget is $420,000 just to make it so he gets a refund instead of having to pay out to the gov.

We already have a substantial amount of purchase orders sitting on my desk for product and the doors arent even open yet. well over $100,000 in work for month 1. 2014 is going to be an awesome year for sure.

We tried to finance the machines but everyone turned it down...how foolish...

I apparently need to start finding some more friends in your kind of social circle :P

But that is awesome to hear! Better to have a shop full of machines than a check to the IRS.

It's weird to hear about the tooling company, how could you not want that kind of business?

If you haven't bought all your vises yet, you should look at Orange Vise, The Owner is active here on the boards. All Made in America and exceptional quality.

I wish y'all the best of luck! You'll have to upload some pictures of the parts as well. High end car/motorcycle parts always look really cool.

I have talked to sol and will be buying 2 double vise's tomorrow morning. he doesnt know this yet ;)

ill have more pictures of the shop progress tomorrow. got all the copper lines, toolboxes (cheap but they work) hand tools, conduit, wiring, and a ton of other things...spent a good $5000 today between homedepot, walmart, staples, and some other stores..

LUCKY!!!

You chose some nice machines! I cant wait till I get my hands on a M560V one day. I have a Genos L400E that I just bought and I love it!

Very nice looking shop. Nice start!

The company I normally used in the past for tooling is acting a little shady, I called and gave a heads up about my 30k budget and wanted to set a time for a face to face meeting. She acted like she didnt want the business? Almost as if the $ was too high... like it was too much work or something.

They most likely just want to make sure they get paid. Just show up with the check book and all will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back