What's new
What's new

New solution - PCMCIA to ethernet / wifi, USB to ethernet/wifi or floppy to ....

corednc

Aluminum
TLDR: New DNC product, can connect your machine to your network through its PCMCIA port, USB port, or floppy drive. It has advanced features like the ability to edit Excel files directly from your control. We have a zero obligation, zero cost preorder in progress, if you sign up in the next 2 weeks we will send you a discount code when we launch. Preorder | corednc

I wanted to network my machines but the options were either nonexistent or expensive so I decided to create a solution that works with most machines made in the past 2+ decades. The PCMCIA to ethernet/wifi is the best part, I can now connect my FANUC machines to my network and not deal with rs232 transfers.

I am on here a lot so feel free to ask me anything about the device.

This device plugs into the USB or PCMCIA port on your machine and allows you to transfer files to and from your computer over your wireless or wired network to your machine. This device works without installing any drivers so it works with any machine that reads from or writes to a PCMCIA ATA card or a compact flash to PCMCIA converter, a USB memory device or a floppy drive.

There are currently 6 versions of this device
USB to Ethernet - $400
USB to Wifi - $400
Floppy to Ethernet - $450
Floppy to Wifi - $450
PCMCIA to Ethernet - $400
PCMCIA to Wifi - $400

The device is easy to use simply fill in the network connection details and when connected you can simply drag and drop files from your computer to the device like you would with any network folder. You can read from and write to the device which has about 8gb of internal storage and the data transfers are fast.

This device also has some advanced features that allow you to do things like edit Excel files directly from your control. For example adding the 4 lines below after probing a bore allows you to open up an Excel file and write the dimensions of that bore to the Excel file, the file is then easily accessible over your network. See here for a detailed explanation: Adv. Features | corednc

N1000 DPRNT [XCROFL*BEARINGS*XLSX]
N1010 DPRNT[XCROSHT*BORES]
N1020 DPRNT[XSETCELL*A*/2*#188]
N1030 DPRNT[XSAVE]

There are a plenty of commands available so if you want to do things like track cycle times you can easily put timestamps in the Excel file and have excel calculate the difference for you.

Right now we are having a preorder, this is a zero cost, zero obligation preorder, we just want to know what kind of demand to expect and how many units to manufacture before our launch date. If you are interested please sign up here Preorder | corednc and as a thank you we will send you a discount code when we launch.

DSCF0667.jpgDSCF0644.jpg

If folks have a need for PCMCIA to wifi, I've got half a dozen old school wifi adapters for peanuts... or perhaps macadamia nuts. Won't have up-to-date wifi security, of course...

The problem is that inserting a PCMCIA wifi card into a FANUC machine will not work because you can't install drivers for that card on a FANUC machine. Before this device, if you did not have an ethernet port on your FANUC machine the only option to remotely send files to the machine was to use an rs232 connection.

See this thread for a discussion on the issues of rs232 and FANUC machines Making the most of limitations of Fanuc based Doosans

I discovered this site around 2004 and I used to post quite a bit back then under a different username but over the years I stopped posting and few computers and operating systems later I can't remember my username or password. I mostly just read the site but I have decided to make an effort to start posting again but only when I have specific knowledge of something. I check this site at least once a day and it has always been helpful.

I started my shop a bit after Wheelieking started his and I have read every one of his posts as they occurred. I saw a guy with a leg injury decide to start a shop while planning on quitting his current job and I have been there for all of the ups and downs. I remember clearly his post about one of the defining moments in his life where his disabled friend ridiculed him for being lazy and not going after the things that he wanted in life and that was what turned him around. I read Thermite’s posts to completion even though I do not like his writing style. I remember John Weldon would always stir things up and was always good for a laugh, though I don't think he is here anymore. I read the manufacturing in Europe and America forum where Gordon stirs things up but always has a point to make even if most do not agree.

The reason I mention all of this is to show that I have been here a long time, just doing more reading than posting, but as I have said I have been making an effort to respond to things that I have specific knowledge of.

I believe I read somewhere that you are retired but given that you are an old hand with the FANUC control and know the difficulties it sometimes presents I figure something like this or the knowledge of it would be appealing.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Actually, I'd like to give this guy a pass and not chastise him.
Yes, there is a for-sale section on the forum, but...

I believe this is a fairly simple and honest nudge to make us aware of a potential new product.
A product that is actually long overdue for many of us poor bastards, who are still forced to live in the last millennium, courtesy of Fanuc.

If the product is for real and works as advertised, I am absolutely a customer for one unit. ( 2007 vintage OiTC )

Sorry for the lack of response, I think my posts to this thread were restricted.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You are right, the product is long overdue. When I inquired about networking one of my Fanuc machines I was told that they did not offer that option and when I asked Haas about networking my VF4 I was told the unlock code would cost about $2500.00, so this is when I decided to create something that would fix the issue and more.

The product is very real, though I should probably have taken photos with the control on to show that.

I will let you know when we launch.

Back