What's new
What's new

New Tree 325 owner

Talon2006

Plastic
I finally pulled the trigger and found a used tree 325 with a linux converion. Little smaller travels then I wanted but it should do 95% of what I want it too. Have several questions I can't seem to fine though...
1. What is the T slot size? Trying to order stuff before I leave work today :P. I can measure when I get home.
2. What type of grease do I use in all the grease zerts?
3. Any good source online for manuals?
4. Anyone have part numbers for the belts? I would like get a set.

Will have to post some pictures up. Spent a ton of time cleaning it up.

I finally pulled the trigger and found a used tree 325 with a linux converion. Little smaller travels then I wanted but it should do 95% of what I want it too. Have several questions I can't seem to fine though...
1. What is the T slot size? Trying to order stuff before I leave work today :P. I can measure when I get home.
2. What type of grease do I use in all the grease zerts?
3. Any good source online for manuals?
4. Anyone have part numbers for the belts? I would like get a set.

Will have to post some pictures up. Spent a ton of time cleaning it up.

1. The t slot size is the same as super common bridgeport mills.
2. I don't have the manual anymore to look up the grease type
3. Belt info below:

L series belts
Y axis - 360L pn, 057g 96 tooth belt, ¾” wide
X axis - 270L 075G 72 tooth belt, ¾” wide
Z Axis - 225L100 60T L belt, 1” wide
Spindle - Use BANDO 615L Belt – use genuine bando, off brand belt is heavier and shudders.

DM me your email and I can send you the info I have. Good luck, those are solid, capable machines.

Mike

My Tree 750 uses SKFLGMT3 grease. Its an oddball to find. I get it from qualitybearingsonline.com. note when pumping grease in if there is no resistance then the grease line is probably burst. Tree used super long runs of plastic line which love to pop especial at the manifold mounted to the saddle.

Back